UVI updates Sparkverb to v1.1

Discussion in 'Software News' started by theDingus, Dec 17, 2014.

1. theDingus

theDingus Audiosexual

UVI has released version 1.1 of the Sparkverb Algorithmic Reverb Plugin

[​IMG]
    With a cutting-edge algorithmic design, Sparkverb breaks the boundaries of contemporary reverbs
    giving users modern and innovative controls that dramatically enhance usability, speed and creative
    freedom while delivering breathtaking sound quality and remarkable CPU efficiency.

Changes in Sparkverb v1.1:
    - Added Quad support.
    - Added Pre-delay parameter.
    - 3 new fancy colors.
    - Better interaction with REAPER, requires latest REAPER version that supports setSpeakerArrangement.
    - Fix crash in Cubase when quitting and using surround setups.

Sparkverb for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/AAX) is available for purchase for $199 USD.
    The update is free for current Sparkverb users.

More information: UVI | Sparkverb

[​IMG]

3. studio5599

studio5599 Producer

looks like space invaders

4. mark@WFstudios

mark@WFstudios Member

Does anyone know if a MOTU Mach 5 update will be coming out as a result of this sparkverb update ? as sparkverb is included in MOTU Mach 5.

Secondly, just speaking from experience with 3x MOTU Audio Interfaces in the past is that MOTU Audio Interfaces are trash, I have had problems with the lcd screens, sample rates changing by itself, incompatible drivers, poor customer support, the units are poorly designed with hard power ons & they sound a bit "thin" to me.

The only thing I recommend buying from MOTU is Mach 5 & the MIDI Interfaces.

UVI however is a solid company with quality products & ive been very happy with all my purchases from them :)

5. copylefter

copylefter Producer

Now, that's what I call innovation.
    Owwww. I'm sold, get my money! :bleh:

Thanks for the info as usual Dingus! :mates:

6. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

i still not sold on the Ilok thingy, i still avoid everything connected with ilok and pace.

7. mark@WFstudios

mark@WFstudios Member

I was exactly the same until I switched to cubase a few years ago which introduced the whole elicence usb dongle for all my steinberg products, so I thought why not go all the way & try the ilok dongle mainly because I was interested in soundtoys & motu mach 5.

I am the kind of person who is quick to slander something if its rubbish, but so far I havn't had a problem with either elicence or ilok but I do however dread the day that either of them break lol.

8. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

i still dont see the point to pay for the protection the company uses to protect their shit. not to mention you have to plug the pendrive in - for the reverb here not the case, but for cubase.
    they could easily make a rock solid protection hardware based. for the main core of the elicensor protection existing no docs and they update the protection every year with new firmware. make it impossible even on a harddisk the whole thing to bypass.

i keep supporting companies like Imageline, D16, U-he, Discodsp, Synapse Audio, etc, who prooved that you can make good protections without dongles.

9. mark@WFstudios

mark@WFstudios Member

Yea I agree that the whole dongle protection scheme is non-sense & I don't support it either & do not wish to see it in the future. But if you really like the looks of something that uses ilok don't be too afraid to give it a try , but its completely understandable if people don't want to support it in anyway whatsoever :)

UVI probly got dragged into it from partnering up with MOTU Mach 5 unfortunately.