UVI Synthology II vs. IK Multimedia Syntronik

Discussion in 'Software' started by Jaydee, Jul 18, 2017.

1. Jaydee

Jaydee Noisemaker

I was just about to buy UVI's Synthology II but then noticed Syntronik is about to come out. UVI is a true ROMpler sampling 77 rare synths but watching the Syntronik videos they really seem to have modelled the original filters on the classic machines (even though it too is a rompler).There's not much info on the UVI workstation filters. Synthology II library is 9G whereas Syntronik is 50G, 2500 presets against 2000. I already have The V collection - but learning the peculiarities of each synth in that takes some doing so I was hoping Syntronik is a an easier route to programming old synths.

I just wanted to see what what people would be drawn to and why.

Many thanks.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
  3. electriclash

electriclash Guest

I'm definitely curious about the Syntronik oscillating 'drift' feature they are hyping... I've pre-ordered and it comes out Thursday, priced currently at $150 (v.300). Not sure when that pricing will end but if you want to wait I can do a review after a runthrough- I lol'd because I went through your exact thought process a while back :like::like::bow:

4. Alex Philipp

Alex Philipp Platinum Record

No chances for Syntronic if You a Falcon user. I have Synthology 2 and use it with UVI workstation. First time when opened this library (Im new to UVI) i was dissapointed because of UVI filters. Why made so huge effort making the library and nothing to synth filters! Everyone know that filters in analouge synths are different and they most essential part of it. But all they 70 or even more synths have default UVI workstation filters. But after using it a little I deleted all Arturia stuff. UVI synths sounds very good at low register more realistic than other emulations. They have fat!
    Also Synthology has cutted UVI effects in its GUI, and of course You can use all Worcstation effects. And if you not familiar with Workstation, it is also possible you to make layers and zones as was shown in Syntronic presentation. and actually pretty basic presentation, all sounds like coming from any DAW default synth. WHERE IS FAT?

5. Jaydee

Jaydee Noisemaker

I'm glad I'm not alone. I'm tempted to pre-order too as I can get a discount. I'm almost tempted to get both. And then will never need another classic synth!