UVI releases Falcon 3

Discussion in 'Software News' started by aymat, Oct 19, 2023.

1. clone

clone Audiosexual

Old libs will have to be unlocked again so they work on both, or in some combination. Wouldn't everything just working in v3 be better? Legit v3 installation will overwrite legit v2 by default if you let it. Otherwise, that would be very hard to keep track of; but 5 years from now someone will discover the "magic button" that is only in v2.8.

2. dondada

dondada Rock Star

i didn't talk about falcon or legit, just about the sounds:mates:
    to clarify, updates of 8-bit and a few others was seen on SS
    that could mean nothing changed in that respect.
    so one could create some more:yes::no:

3. clone

clone Audiosexual

they wouldn't upload these if they didn't already have it. No?

4. dondada

dondada Rock Star

1.)
    it could mean nothing concerning what i wrote
    2.)
    i just thought, because there where just updates, And they work in the old one, I dont have
    the new one yet, as aymat put it:
    FREE update for existing users yay!!!:rofl:

OR we are all right:disco:

Last edited: Oct 24, 2023
  5. BlackHaze1986

BlackHaze1986 Rock Star

The Last uploaded Falcon Libz i know of worked in R2R's Version, also they did mention on their Website 2.8.0 is needed.

6. saccamano

saccamano Rock Star

Any "update", "upgrade", "up yer nose", etc, that requires an iLOK, is NOT FREE.

7. saccamano

saccamano Rock Star

Oh my my, Oh hell yes!

8. clone

clone Audiosexual

The Falcon factory library is still 2.8. It seems like they compiled presets from the various previous versions of it, and the older ones show which version they originally were in. Maybe I just didn't notice it sooner, but I always just update core library with any new software versions so they match. i probably wouldn't notice after that.

i don't think they would show their hand like that. They would get everything possible,up until current before emailing them a postcard letting them know to change anything.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2023
  9. saccamano

saccamano Rock Star

I cant remember which package it was that had the v2.8.0 requirement on it, but it is running fine on the R2R version that isn't 2.8.0.

10. BlackHaze1986

BlackHaze1986 Rock Star

Digital Synsations Vol.1 Version 2 was the one which has 2.8.0 requierements listed but works well in R2R's Release that was the one i was refering to with my post @clone not the Factory Libary which i heard stayed at Version 2.8.0 for Falcon 3.

11. dondada

dondada Rock Star

the 3 from today had no mention of anything, seems like a little gong
    paired with the message in the sugabyte release

12. grounder

grounder Kapellmeister

Just as an FYI. There is now a 2.8 REV2 Library that was made available for DL with Falcon V3 release. Not mandatory as latest Falcon works just fine with either, but a note from their FAQ: https://support.uvi.net/hc/en-us/articles/14267667281693-About-the-Falcon-Factory-rev2

"Since Falcon 3, the Falcon Factory has been revised and the soundbank file is now named Falcon Factory rev2.ufs.

Note that the Falcon Factory rev2 is not backward compatible with projects made with previous versions of the Falcon Factory.

You can still keep the old Falcon Factory file in a separate folder for your old projects. Simply add this folder to the Soundbank paths list in the Preferences in Falcon by disabling 'automount' and enabling 'indexed'. By doing so, the legacy Falcon Factory will only mount in Falcon for projects that use it."

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List