UVI plate issue?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Lizzy, Jan 22, 2019.

1. Lizzy

Lizzy Noisemaker

Hello...did anybody else having issue with the UVI plate files? I've updated both 7zip and winrar (before that I was getting a data error). No matter what I do, after install, the plugin will not show up in any DAW. I downloaded the file again from another source but I get the same problem. Dunno if someone can shed some light on this?

3. wasgedn

wasgedn Banned

you got online workstation without host file and firewall block for uvi ??

4. paraplu020

paraplu020 Banned

Just buy this plug, it’s absolutely heavenly to use. It’s worth it! ;)

Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
  5. AudioTee

AudioTee Kapellmeister

How about the huge CPU hit with this. Far and away more CPU intensive than anything else I've tried.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  6. Lizzy

Lizzy Noisemaker

Think I figured it out, no windows 7 support...ah well I will give it a try on the laptop later...this was driving me nuts!! sorry to bother..thanks for the replies

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  7. paraplu020

paraplu020 Banned

Just bounce the processed audio, problem solved. The sound coming out of this baby is amazing, don’t you agree?

8. thepie

thepie Ultrasonic

wanted to try it but cubase blacklists it and can't re enable it :(

9. jynx

jynx Platinum Record

Yeah i got that very same problem ,.
    I had initially assumed that it was only a 32bit install ,and that live 10 simply didnt see the plug.
    But having tried it out on fl20/bitwig/presonus etc , the problem remains and it simply refuses to show up in the plug line up..
    All my uvi stufffs blocked etc etc and other plugs run fine but plates a no go for me too!

10. jynx

jynx Platinum Record

.Heh try that reverb by zynaptic , I cant even think about using it without my pc having a nervous breakdown....
    Great verb tho , shame it needs the entire computing power nasa has in order to run it my end..

11. wasgedn

wasgedn Banned

i bet you have resources but run to much shit sideways...depictive jinxy :mates::hillbilly::grooves:

12. wasgedn

wasgedn Banned

you all must use hosts file and firewall...comon thats 1 grade warez rider knowledge
    steinberg is not ableton...they think very bad bout us lol

13. wasgedn

wasgedn Banned

thats fuckin fucked up....first uvi rls...and then this...fck ff
    but win8 .....:deep_facepalm:

do they sell older versions of their products for win 7 or do they ban complete ??

14. Lizzy

Lizzy Noisemaker

@wasgedn
    That's what I saw on their website. Adobe is doing the same thing with it's entire collection for 2019 I believe...no Windows 7 support. I made the jump from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and tried UVI plate again with Ableton 10 and still nothing...and yes I blocked the hosts and use a firewall...i think @jynx has a point...might just be the DAW...I will try in FLStudio and see, and if it doesn't work its not the end of the world...:)

15. Friggy

Friggy Guest

UVI Plate is fine for me in Windows 7 using Cubase 7.5. Sorry you're having issues with it. But honestly, you're not missing much with it. Good reverb sure, but it wont ever be the thing that makes or breaks your mix. I could replace it with almost anything and no one would be able to point it out.

16. Blue

Blue Audiosexual

Uvi Plates is insane on the cpu if you enables the oversampling.
    If,like me you work in 44KHz and oversampling x2 it's ok,but if you enables the best quality(it's not called oversampling but "draft","normal","better",etc..) your cpu is quickly dead with some instances.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  17. Blue

Blue Audiosexual

For sure plate reverbs can't fit well with any audio material.
    But they are very good for drums,especially IMHO.
    Plates also have many parameters,it's not the kind of reverb you'll like at the first try I think,you need to understand how it works first.

18. Blue

Blue Audiosexual

Don't you have a problem with your antivirus?? Because it works with Ableton v10,Studio one,Reaper,I've tried it.Win10 Pro.

19. Lizzy

Lizzy Noisemaker

I don't even have antivirus installed at the moment...I think i'm just gonna let this go...I never had a problem with installing software (altering host files, blocking with firewall, random macgyvering, etc.) but this for whatever reason refuses to show up. Its all good...and if its a cpu hog as stated here its probably for the better :wink:. I think I just wanted to see what all the UVI fuss is about, but now I need to focus on installing all of my programs back now that I upgraded to Win 10.

20. Daskeladden

Daskeladden Rock Star

works fine in Ableton 10 windows 10

21. jynx

jynx Platinum Record

Wadddup Wazzzzy me old mate?..

Hehe Heh!! "depictive eh , (inside joke)

What do you mean sideways , "pear shaped, ? messsed up?" elaborate myfriend pls.....

I rememebr the reverb i was on about , Adaptaverb. Sounds fantastic , but i just cant use it without my cpu maxing out....
    Personallly i often end up runnning Altiverb , on the design folder , I got an affinity for the various tunnel impulses , plus xenoverb n fab filt pro r..
    Sorry im goin off on a tangeant , apologies

And by the way , "It doesnt run on all instances of abl 10 , im runnning v10.4 , it wont show up on any daw ive tried ,abl10.4 sonar/bitwig/presonus/fl20 /renoise

Last edited: Jan 25, 2019