UVI Falcon R2R Release (workarounds, fixes, crashes, etc)

Discussion in 'Software' started by Jameshow, Nov 25, 2021.

1. gatd

gatd Member

anyone get this to show the libraries in audiogridder?
    they dont work for me!

2. rEmaker

rEmaker Ultrasonic

I figured out the bitwig problem you just have to put the plugin in a folder it's not enough to just put it in the plugin folder you have to make a separate folder for it

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  3. Huppy

Huppy Newbie

Thx , did the job for me too!

4. Lumpy

Lumpy Newbie

I tried but I don't know how to install the library

5. realitybytez

realitybytez Audiosexual

question: r2r says that we need to get everything quickly because uvi will most likely come out with a fix in short order. can someone tell me if all of the installs can be done offline? my computer blew up two days ago, and it is going to be a while before i can build a new one. if i download everything now, will i be able to install it all when i get my new computer up and running?

6. wuzzle

wuzzle Platinum Record

Lesser Galactic Co-ordinates: Earth (0.0.0)
    They speak of ripping the libraries from legally bought versions. That function won't be around forever and so they need to rip everything before the protection changes. The ripped and released libraries will be there when you rebuild. No worries. Simple answer: Yes. It doesn't talk to the internet or something.

7. realitybytez

realitybytez Audiosexual

i understand your point, but let me tell you my story. i'm a 64-year old retiree living on a fixed income with a wife who has had over a quarter million dollars in medical claims over the past year. i am not a working musician and i have not made a penny from music in the past 25 years. if i download a file from the sister site, i typically play around with it for a few weeks and then delete it. you are not losing a penny of revenue from me, and i know that my situation is not unique. i would be willing to bet that at least 90% of the people who download pirated software would never have purchased the product anyway. either they just wanted to test the product thoroughly to see if it is something that they might buy or they simply do not have money to spend on these things. if developers really want to cut down on piracy, they should offer fully functional demos that last for a minimum of 30 days. and they should stop crippling their own work with protection schemes that overburden the cpu of the users.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • List
  8. realitybytez

realitybytez Audiosexual

thank you

9. acousticsamples

acousticsamples Member

Let me tell you my story, the same thing happened to me 10 years ago, I was selling Kontakt libraries, they were posted on sites like this one, and my sales immediately dropped by 90%, this almost put me out of business and I struggled for a while and had to switch sampler provider, redo all of my libraries and hope for the best and it's now happening all over again, except that now, instead of a few products, it's all of my libraries that people can just crack on their own (which by the way is a felony, it's not safe as stated above, that user commits a crime because he's redistributing copy protected and violates the agreement made with us) and share (this means that a paying customer has to do the work). So your argument is just wrong, you don't just steal someone else's work to play around with it for a few weeks.

Also even with your argument, I would still be losing 10% of my income (and it will be much more than that). How would you feel if you lost "JUST" 10% of your income because some guy just decided that your work should be free.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  10. realitybytez

realitybytez Audiosexual

yes i do.

and my argument is not wrong. maybe your sales dropped by 90% because most of the people who actually wanted your products had already bought them. or maybe word got out that your products sucked ballz. i tell you no lies - if you expect people to buy your products without being able to test drive them first, you are a fool. do you buy a real synth without first going to a music store to try it out at least a few times? do you buy a car without a test drive? and would you buy a car with an anti-theft system that was designed to only protect the manufacturer and not the user but sucked up 20% of the engine's power?

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  11. Prendergast

Prendergast Producer

@Bunty : So you have it up and running on Win7? Cause the TechSpecs say Win8.1 and above.

Can anyone confirm?

12. DavidGeeGee

DavidGeeGee Newbie

I would like to release GD-6 Acoustic Guitar V2 to the site but I don't really understand how to create the R2RUVI file. If someone could show me the steps. The pdf instructions are a little confusing for me

13. Ambar

Ambar Producer

Hi, Does anyone know how to "purge samples" in falcon like in kontakt?

14. Jorge Retwill

Jorge Retwill Member

I think you could ask DECiBELLE or Olymoon, maybe

15. Luiz edu

Luiz edu Newbie

Hello!! i'm new here... how do i download things faster?? Files come fragmented on those sites that require a subscription to download faster

16. Dimentagon

Dimentagon Rock Star

Works Fine for me AG1.1 Win Host Mac Daw

17. dondada

dondada Rock Star

from a kvr thread 2015
    If you're thinking about something to purge only played samples according to a song, there is no such thing.
    Some soundbank do however features a way to only load samples according to what's used (mic settings and stuff like that)

In any case, UVIWorkstation stream from the HD and because of the FLAC format, the preload is quite minimal (100 ms when using the SSD settings)

Hope this clarify things.

18. gatd

gatd Member

yes if the library is on the windows machine but not if symlink to the library on another HD yet the standalone works fine with the symlink.

19. hani king

hani king Platinum Record

i dont know how to reach R2R because i love to help them since i have alot of falcon libraries
    (check attachment to see my collection ) i do wanna share with R2R and the boys
    i ll be more than happy to give what you guys want and i use my mega to send big files
    maybe @Olymoon or @Pirat can make this happen and then make more links

• Like Like x 4
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List

Attached Files:

20. Atlantis84

Atlantis84 Platinum Record

This the one i want great sounding Guitar