UVI Falcon R2R Release (workarounds, fixes, crashes, etc)

Discussion in 'Software' started by Jameshow, Nov 25, 2021.

1. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

HIDDEN FILES:

C:\ProgramData\UVI

Subfolders are:

C:\ProgramData\UVI\Falcon ---------> FalconResources.ufs (304 MB)
    C:\ProgramData\UVI\R2R ---------> COPY R2RUVI FILE HERE! R2R.UVI (1 KB) Example: 00000CD4AC600CD5.R2RUVI

Show hidden files - Microsoft Support
    https://support.eset.com/de/kb6305-view-hidden-files-and-folders-in-windows-operating-systems

Another Folders:
    C:\Program Files\UVI\Falcon ----> The "Falcon Manual" and the "Uninstaller"

Your Soundbank Folder:

1.) Create a folder with the name "Falcon" for example.
    2.) Now copy all "UVI Falcon SoundBanks" with the ending (* .ufs) in your new folder
    3.) Open Falcon in your DAW
    4.) Click on the tool wrench
    5.) Scroll down to " Preferences "
    6.) A new window opens and select "Soundbanks"
    7.) Add the new Soundbanks path, Falcon folder, where your expansions are in.

Last edited: May 23, 2022
  2. TheGam3Chang3r

TheGam3Chang3r Newbie

The new expansions are not working with the R2R version of Falcon. I just bought the new expansion Quadra Traveler and I do all steps that I do before to use the ones that I bought and that Quadra traveler is already there with any error message but is doesn't let me load any sound. if somebody can help me with it please

3. Majestic

Majestic Rock Star

Why would you think that would work? Obviously they would have patched their recent expansions such that they won't be compatible with the R2R version of Falcon.

4. GreenMus

GreenMus Noisemaker

mm, I think official UVI products that came out after the R2R Falcon release will not work.
    Like @Majestic mentioned above, they are obviously already patched by UVI. Not only Falcon Expansions but also the Workstation ones (Like Soul Drums, Soul Bass and so on...)
    I see that Quadra Traveler is not a special Falcon Expansion, so you can use it with normal legit UVI Workstation!

From UVI Offical site :

"SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

Good luck

5. starlights

starlights Newbie

did someone had success to run Library using Falcon 2.5.3 (R2R) via latest Crossover 22.0.1 on Ventura OS?
    I can't able to load any library in to Falcon 2 I get error like:

The program Falcon64.exe has encountered a serious problem and needs to close.
    This can be caused by a problem in the program or a deficiency in Wine.

6. fiction

fiction Audiosexual

Try running Win in VMware fusion instead.

7. starlights

starlights Newbie

thanks m8, I'm on a hackintosh and I'm wondering if it will run vmware fusion?
    and
    what are the benefits of running Vmware Fusion instead of Crossover if only a few audio plugins are supposed to be used?

Last edited: Jan 21, 2023
  8. fiction

fiction Audiosexual

Sure, that should work!
    Benefit is compatibility.

9. n3xy420

n3xy420 Newbie

hey everyone, im kinda a new to torrenting. i torrented ravenscroft 275 by uvi and downloaded official uvi workstation(dont know if its necessary, the only magnet i could find was in rutracker and because the site and forum is in russian, i did not understand shit to how to torrent it). then i opened the folder ive torrented there are 2 things: the ufs file of the item i just torrented and a r2r folder in which includes .r2ruvi

can someone please help me? i dont know what to do next..

ps r2r is the fucking legend, been using their ableton release for 2 months now.

edit: and also im sorry if this is the wrong thread/place to post this but the only place related to r2r uvi release was here i could find on all of the internet

10. gzilla

gzilla Ultrasonic

It can't use with official uvi workstation. You need UVI Falcon by R2R to load the library (Yep, one of falcon feature is load uvi library like uvi workstation). You can find instruction where to put ufs and r2ruvi in emu release note include in this package.

11. n3xy420

n3xy420 Newbie

i cant seem to find the instructions txt it seems to be in russian bcus of rutracker.org but i downloaded falcon and i have the .ufs file and the r2r.uvi of the vst that i want to utilize. but dont have any idea what should i do next. it says 'no license was found' etc. when i try open the .ufs in falcon. i guess the only problem left is licensing :disco::bleh::bow: lol these old emojis r great

edit: spelling

12. gzilla

gzilla Ultrasonic

It state in UVIEMU manual where to put .r2ruvi file (To make it quick : %PROGRAMDATA%\UVI\R2R\ ).
    You can find where UVIEMU manual is from R2R.txt that include in the falcon release (Please read it for more info).

13. babubab

babubab Newbie

Hey Guys, i just downloaded UVI workstation, but i dont seem to have a \programdata\UVI folder for some reason.
    Has anyone had the same problem, or does someone have a solution?

Thanks in advance

14. hankarlo

hankarlo Ultrasonic

Can you see ProgramData folder?
    If not, its because its a hidden folder, Depending on which MS Windows OS your running, its slightly different to enable its view.
    Google : show programdata folder

15. babubab

babubab Newbie

Isn't there only one ProgramData folder?

I just go into the Run prompt (Windows + R) search for ProgramData and click enter, but there is not a folder called UVI
    I also tried typing \ProgramData\UVI but nothing shows up

16. hankarlo

hankarlo Ultrasonic

Just try to create the UVI folder and place the file you require in it

I dont have Falcon installed on my new Win 11 SDD, but I think I remember doing something similar, when I tried it out a few months ago. I think I recall, the folder is for the R2R licensees, although I'm not a 100% sure, as cant remember the details.

17. dondada

dondada Rock Star

for language if you use firefox get this
    it lives in your adressbar with nice functions ;)

18. bdbr

bdbr Noisemaker

Hello, is it possible to use this UVIemu with the legit (and more recent) version of UVI Falcon? I can't use the latest expansions that require something more recent than 2.5.3 but I'd be willing to buy the legit version if I could still use the soundbanks I torrented

19. Caplikemetro

Caplikemetro Newbie

Yoo wassup. Everytime I load a bank in Falcon it crashes how do I fix?

20. Dee Bee

Dee Bee Newbie

Hello everybdy :wink:

I try to install The Blue beast Extension (aka Yamaha EX5 my old mate for years and years), found a correct R2R .ufs + the right R2RUVI

This UVI bank exists since 2016...

10 Gb but I can't access to the thousands Factory Presets, only access to a "Initialize" soundbank, starting from zero :unsure:

Anyone here knows an issue ????
    Thanks very much for an eventual answer :like: