UVI Falcon 2 Released

Discussion in 'Software News' started by Dave_Music, Oct 10, 2019.

1. tapekiller

tapekiller Kapellmeister

I feel ya. I do have Avenger as well, but sometimes it feels a bit restrictive and the Manuel behaviour isn't always the best. I am looking forward to 1.5 though.
    On the other hand I also feel like Falcon could have had a demo, I want to try some stuff out before getting it but I guess I have one more week to make up my mind about it.
    At a discounted price it's not too bad of a deal, it's like a better kontakt, a very decent synth with nice modules and effects, and the voucher + two expansions could be something really appealing to some (not to me though, I mostly use synths just for sound design from scratch, although I reckon navigating presets can sometimes be inspiring)

2. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

I think expansions that are loaded with samples/waveforms/wavetables are sometimes worth it, as long as they're not stupid expensive (most of the time they are tho). I like having all those sound sources curated and collected in my synth's browser. For that purpose I picked up the cinematic Avenger expansion when it was 50% off. That and the Analog Synth one, which I kinda regret because I don't find the samples all that interesting and now I actually have analog synths instead

I like the presets in u-he synths and Omnisphere though, when I just want to write something without worrying about designing it first. That and chromaphone. I'm sure there are others if I thought about it harder, but mostly it's a struggle to find presets that aren't too generic or genre specific, and it's faster and more rewarding just to make sounds that suit my taste. So I feel you there.

I'm kind of fighting with myself about Falcon. What have you done! lol, pointed out that I'm being a hypocrite and now I'm thinking I should give it a chance lol. $250 is a great price but probably still too much money for something I can't try beforehand

3. JAFO

JAFO Newbie

Egh............it looks nice, but with all the synths out on the market, not worth 300 bucks, when it doesn't change the game of do anything new that we haven't seen before. Ilok just makes it even less appealing. No thanks.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  4. Blue

Blue Audiosexual

Personally I find it's worth 300 bucks in comparison with Serum for example that is 180 if I remember well.
    Falcon can do everything,when you have this plugin you don't need anything more,or maybe just a nice FM synth like FM8.

5. mr.personality

mr.personality Producer

bippity boop

Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
  6. NeverenoghFun

NeverenoghFun Platinum Record

Are people signed up through Pro Tools getting the 2 upgrade do you know?
    I could already have it tbh lol havent played with it yet. seems dope

7. tapekiller

tapekiller Kapellmeister

I would say that if you have money at your disposal it might be a great deal. But then it also depends heavily on the kind of workflow you're after, if you don't mind taking longer to design a sound it's a good synth.
    Although I wholeheartedly agree, the lack of a demo really takes away potential customers because it's still not a small expense, and while I didn't have to think a lot about getting a moog one, getting a software synth takes me much longer thoughts.
    Welp, one week left, I hope I'll make my mind up about that in the meantime.