UVI Falcon 2 Released

Discussion in 'Software News' started by Dave_Music, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Blue

Blue Audiosexual

Do you know just one developper can reset all your licences?No need to write to all developpers.UVI did it for me once.

2. Blue

Blue Audiosexual

Because they can't get the software cracked.
    I don't understand either,because you can still work offline if you wish.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. Blue

Blue Audiosexual

So if Falcon is a danger and paralytic,how do you deal with modular synths?Same problem.
    You are not forced to make a ultra complex patch.You make complex sounds when you discover the software,after some weeks you come back rational and make a "moog" bass when you need a "moog" bass,or a simple saw lead when you need a simple saw lead.

However Falcon is awesome by its possibilities in theory.But finally it doesn't sound better than Serum or MassiveX.
    Who needs 2 different eight bands EQ,or a spectrum analyser or phase meter on a synth?

Falcon is not bad but instead of making always new and useless modules they should improve the basics,its workflow and GUI.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  4. twoheart

twoheart Audiosexual

True. It's fun to play with Falcon if you have a lot of spare time.
    But the GUI and the workflow is no fun, it's over-complicated and far from being self explanatory.
    They just don't use the advantages of a software synth over a hardware synth enough e.g. better showing the optical representation of a setting or action and they use their very own not very handy hierarchy of program-layer-keygroup-osc ... but the results are great.
    Jep. I install a license on both of my computers and one on the USB key that I store in a safe place.
    Plus making frequent backups.
    My Steinberg USB licenser is a a whole other story. When the USB licenser is broken, I'm done.
    I need to buy a new e-licenser and obtain an emergency auth from Steinberg. But they won't issue me those authorizations for third-party software. That makes me much more nervous. Backups won't help so that I cant do nothing for my security.
    Nevertheless: I hate any form of authorization scheme and hope they all fail with it. The one who is most annoyed by this shit is the honest customer! That's why I always like to use k'd software even if I own my copy :snuffy:

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
  5. lorenzolamasse

lorenzolamasse Member

Dammit, I'm so weak, I took the bait lol
    BTW, when purchasing you get 2 free expansions by adding them to your cart, PLUS a voucher of 100$/€ after ordering, to purchase anything else in the next two months. Meaning for me having for 240 €: falcon + 4 expansions (each being 39€) .
    Looks acceptable, and get the price to same level as any other synths I got (such as Avenger or Serum).

6. twoheart

twoheart Audiosexual

but wait!
    You won't have time purchasing anything else in the next two month. You'll be busy with exploring Falcon :rofl:

Nah just kidding, have fun!

7. lorenzolamasse

lorenzolamasse Member

Didn't think of that, I'm screwed :bleh:

8. mr.personality

mr.personality Producer

br

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
  9. grdh20

grdh20 Platinum Record

What are the best couple of add on packs to get with this offer?

10. tapekiller

tapekiller Kapellmeister

as far as my experience is concerned, that "problem" arises only when someone accumulates stuff they don't know how to use.
    It's like saying a mechanic with too many tools can't do its job properly, when in reality it's all about being able to use the right tool for the right job. While they are two different contexts, the point is that if you want to process something or start something, there is an optimal tool at your disposal, and if you know how to use them... the more, the better.

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  11. lbnv

lbnv Platinum Record

Agree, but how to understand which tools are right? Only by accumulating them. One day you'll understand which of them are right and which of them you don't need at all. :shalom:

12. Insight_the_Boss

Insight_the_Boss Kapellmeister

And Serum or Massive don't sounding better than Falcon :yes:

13. Dave_Music

Dave_Music Platinum Record

Most of the libraries are different from each other, some dedicated to Atmospheres, some Synthosis, etc, so you will need to read about and listen to each demo sounds to make your own choice. I have had falcon from the release and have bought every expansion as they were released and would say my 2 favorites are -
    Analog Motion and Devinity

14. Quasar82

Quasar82 Noisemaker

Reading the comments, some of them are laughable. Falcon is very intuitive and highly organized super advanced hybrid synth ever made which offers wide variety of synthesis options and unlimited modulation capabilities with tonnes of high quality inbuilt effects. It's a dream come true for sound designers and producers who want to push the boundaries and take things to next level. There are plenty of high quality libraries available and UVI always running discounts on them.

You can use it to make simple patches as well as highly complex sounds with 100s of keygroups with surprisingly low CPU usage.

Using iLok isn't rocket science, it hardly takes 20 seconds to authorize licenses and never have to worry about reauthorizing when you update your software or libraries.

Obviously, Falcon is not for everyone just like every other synth, it just the matter of individual preferences. Unlike many other synths all Falcon updates are completely free for it's users including Falcon 2 upgrade.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2019
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  15. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

Meh... that's comparable to saying that the overwhelming majority of sounds can be made with simpler synths, and needing all those extra modules to do a task indicates a lack of understanding. Both of our statements are probably true of some percentage of people but largely miss the point. There probably aren't many modules in Falcon that we don't all have some VST equivalent of so I don't think understanding or not understanding it is really the point. For me personally, I just think having all of it in one instrument could easily become a black hole of "I have all this extra stuff; I guess I should use some of it."

Which is not to say that it doesn't look cool. It looks amazing. Just perhaps a little unwieldy for people who are prone to getting distracted

16. Blue

Blue Audiosexual

"very intuitive and highly organized" is laughable too.When you make a complex patch it becomes quickly unreadable and a big mess to visualize modulation routings.
    Also like someone said no "undo" is very bad in 2019.
    You have hundreds of FXs but it's because it has dozens of different filters for example,when you could have just one filter and the possibility to select the type.Or it has 3 or 4 chorus when you could have just one and select the type.UVI say it 180 FXs if I remember correctly but it's pure marketting.
    "High quality effects" ?.....the delays don't sound amazing to me,for instance.They sound more like a reverb than a classic delay.

But the different oscillators and IRCAM samplers are cool,indeed.

Falcon is a dream synth for sound design but personnally I have a problem with its ergonomics.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2019
  17. Blue

Blue Audiosexual

I have investigated quickly this Falcon 2 and I must say all the new modules sound incredibly nice!
    The new additive oscillator promises long hours of pure heaven,it's very easy to make great sounds unlike all the additive synths I have seen in the past from others developers.
    Same thing with the new Sallen key and formant crusher filters,diode clipper;lovely sound.
    It's a nice addition to an already comprehensive synth.

At this time it's for a limited time at €244 in EU with 2 free expansions plus a €100 voucher.It's an amazing deal for those who have the cash right now!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  18. tapekiller

tapekiller Kapellmeister

At some point you'll just know. If you want to achieve a certain sound you'll know that you'll need a granulizer rather than a simple sampler, or an FM synth rather than an additive one. It's a matter of experience, and experience comes from experimenting. To some degree yeah, you need to try stuff out, but accumulating doesn't help, you should rather take a step at a time and learn tools properly, if needed one at a time.

I kinda agree there, but not entirely. There are some sounds that are not achievable with some means, especially if the sound design process involves interaction between the elements that constitute the base of said sound. In many cases you're right, but in the end someone who resorts to complex synths like falcon or avenger rather than using a simpler synth does have different needs.
    If I want to modulate a sample with a custom waveform (which I might even filter harmonically) there aren't many tools that allow you to do so, and even good FM synths like sytrus or FM8 don't allow the use of samples.
    You are right when you say overwhelming majority, but still, consider that an all-in-one platform like falcon tries to embrace convenience and in the end a potential user often looks for a "look no further" synth that can do what they are looking for, especially if the intermodularity of sound design elements is a deciding factor in the choice.

19. mr.personality

mr.personality Producer

Falcon gives me a headache just looking at it. Its like being plopped into the control room of the LHC by yourself then having to design experiments. heh

Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
  20. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

You know, I guess I am sort of poo-pooing Falcon for the same reasons I praise Avenger all the time, except Falcon is just more of that. Doesn't particularly make sense does it

Idk maybe I'm just making up justifications because I don't want to spend $250+ without a demo or a crack to test it out and see if I like the workflow