UVI Beatbox Anthology 2 (Almost) Complete Drum Machine List

Discussion in 'Samplers, Synthesizers' started by Stevie Dude, Jan 22, 2022.

1. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

Hi,

I tried to make a list of all the Drum Machines that is included in the Beatbox Anthology 2 library, slowly since 2 months ago just for fun, and for my own note. I love drum machine and the library, and I got like 93% of the model name already now. Just wondering if anyone can help me complete the list because I don't think I know those that left out for now. Also, please review it if you've been using the library and correct me as well if I got the model name wrong.

Note: There are 2 of them highlighted in RED because I'm not really sure about the model, just guessing from the picture in the library. I've erased the "Notes" section because it is personal, you can download the spreadsheet and use it or maybe keep it. The document is write protect, please post them here, and I'll edit it.

Link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1E82NW5dbHXlLEb5s682fx-pN_vFHbigB/edit#gid=486986306

Thanks.

• Like Like x 10
    • Love it! Love it! x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  3. Jackhammer

Jackhammer Newbie

Thanks for putting together the list, it's a very high quality drum machine collection

4. clone

clone Audiosexual

They did not sample any Jomox machines for that library? That's rough for what it costs. I find that hard to believe. Punch2 has a good amount of related content. In the BBA add-on content, You would figure a patch they called Drumzmo would be sounds made from the Ensoniq Fizmo.
    I really doubt they skipped them completely. PX Sunbox expansion is based on a sort of rarer model.

Jomox Alpha Base

Jomox Xbase 888:

Jomox Xbase 999:

Mac Falcon. no r2r :( When you run out of solutions, post a few wav clips of the ones left to identify :)

Last edited: Mar 3, 2022
  5. droplet

droplet Rock Star

I just got it from the Great Russian tracker site. In fact I got almost all the Falcon stuff from the Russian site. It-s very fast.

6. clone

clone Audiosexual

it's ilok. you are on pc. he only has a few more to finish up his list. this is a really good collection of machines. :)

The one listed as TR clone is most likely a Jomox.

This RAtck. entry is probably the Waldorf Rack Attack.

The entry P Drum X is the Pearl Drum-X DRX-1 https://reverb.com/item/12217094-pearl-drum-x-drx-1-analog-drum-machine

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. zib

zib Platinum Record

thanks Stevie Dude for hard work

8. droplet

droplet Rock Star

it-s got the r2r certificate of functionability as do all the others on RuT. the downloads are so fast you could almost use them as a cloud.
    you're right it's not mac falcon stuff.

9. fiction

fiction Audiosexual

DK5S: Kawai K5000S (although it reminded me of the Simmons SD5K first)
    Drumzmo: Ensoniq Fizmo

Not sure about these:
    ETI Drum Synth: One of multiple DIY drum synths from Electronics Today International magazine
    RAtck: Waldorf Rack Attack?

10. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

from the picture it looks like a rack unit, does Jomox has a rack unit drum machine ? not really familiar with Jomox line.

Nice, both right!

Thanks, updated the list, Dumzmo is Ensoniq Fizmo Rack unit, no wonder it doesn't look like a Fizmo, didn't know about the rack unit.

looking for more information of how these guy looks, never heard of it before, thanks for the info

11. clone

clone Audiosexual

not that I am aware of. None of them are easy to find at realistic prices, but the guy in Moscow has an uncanny ability at finding them if you have a couple grand extra laying around. :bleh:

12. droplet

droplet Rock Star

I-ve been using some of the falcon stuff almost as a rule, but returning to repro-1, 5 feels like cracking knuckles. many kontakt libraries sound better to me. also synapse obsession.
    Beatbox A2 is definitely cool and equally unnecessary. Don-t get me wrong I love Falcon

13. jojofun

jojofun Ultrasonic

Shucks, I'm cool with KB6 and XO or Cosmos.

14. howler0502

howler0502 Noisemaker

I've just bought this and discovered your list. I've been doing some researching, and I think the Arranger Drums in the Digital section is the Soltan Arranger Plus, by Ketron in 1987. It looks like UVI flipped the design for the picture. Also, I think the P Fight is the Pearl Fightman FM-8 from 1984.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  15. howler0502

howler0502 Noisemaker

From the picture (and what I've read about its purpose, a TR 808 clone) I believe TR Clone is the Novation Drumstation from 1995.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  16. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

Thanks, Updated the list. One more thing, the one that is highlighted in RED, can you confirm or have any idea about those models ?

Last edited: Dec 2, 2023
  17. howler0502

howler0502 Noisemaker

The Organ Drums isn't a Hammond Auto-Vari 64, to me the picture looks like an Elka Wilgamat from 1976. For the U1250, it looks like the current listing is correct, as the picture UVI uses is the Kurzweil K1000. I guess the K1000 used samples from the K250, so perhaps that's why UVI decided to combine the models in the name U1250.

18. howler0502

howler0502 Noisemaker

The Tom Ed in the Analog section looks to be the Digisound TED drum modules, although I guess they only were able to sample the toms?

19. howler0502

howler0502 Noisemaker

The YPT Eight looks like it would be the Yamaha PTX8 from 1986.