Using WIN Kontakt library update installer on Mac with Crossover?

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by LFO833, Dec 22, 2020.

1. LFO833

LFO833 Member

Is it possible to update a Kontakt library on Mac with a Win update installer?

Tried putting a library in the Kontakt library location in the Crossover folder (c:/users/Public/Documents) and then running the WIN installer.

But it won't see the library as being installed. Any ideas? I'd think there could be a workaround here with Crossover if the installer could see the library.

UPDATE: okay, you can just extract the updated files from the updater .exe with Keka and replace the ones in the library. So far so good.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2020
  3. Talula

Talula Rock Star

are you sure keka extracted all files from installer?

why you don't use macos update installer?

4. Smoove Grooves

Smoove Grooves Audiosexual

Yes, just extract the files with Pacifist, and then see what needs to be added to where.
    We can't 'Merge' folders the same as on Windows, so don't overwrite any of what you're updating.

5. LFO833

LFO833 Member

Greetings, @Talula. Yes, Keka worked and revealed all the files needed. it was a "WIN UPDATE ONLY" from 2019 from the sister site for an old 2015 library. The library has a few sound errors that seem to have been corrected with the update.

Thanks, @Smoove Grooves, I have Pacifist, too, but luckily Keka extracted the .exe file just fine. I carefully replaced each file from the instrument library. After verifying everything worked for a few days, I deleted the old files permanently.