Using vocaloid to improve singer voice

Discussion in 'Software' started by HamidShekari, Nov 2, 2014.

1. HamidShekari

HamidShekari Newbie

hi everyone,is it possible to use vocaloid effects and controls on imported vocals?is it possible to use the effects for example vibrato on wave file ? or it works just on the voice that only produced by vocaloid library?
    (In vocaloid 3 you can import wav files)

3. Diabulus in Musica

Diabulus in Musica Platinum Record

Why don't you use Melodyne?

4. fraifikmushi

fraifikmushi Guest

It think it is impossible to use vocaloid to improve a singer's voice.

5. studio5599

studio5599 Producer

well if they caint sing then NO, what it will do is enhance a good vocal take further or change pitch vibrato ect.. :wink:

6. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

Singing will improve singing. (usually singing along to scales, melodies, etc).

7. recycle

recycle Guest

Vocaloid is a speech synthesis engine, there is no way to manipulate .wav files in it.
    I agree on Diabulus advice: Melodyne is the way to go. Or, if you have the Waves plugin bundle, you can edit your singer voice (pitch and vibrato) with Waves Tune plugin.
    The Antares Bundle is also a good one for vocals

8. HamidShekari

HamidShekari Newbie

actually i can't do this with melodyne.i dont know how should i use it to make nice vibarto on my vocals,it sound un natural.can anyone suggest me a tutorial to make clean and natural vibrato with using any plugins?such as wavs melodyne or etc?

9. mytia13

mytia13 Newbie

oddly enough melodyne doesnt have any direct way to synthesize vibrato that is non existent. You can enhance any vibrato that is there with the use of the modulation tool if there is any.

I dont tend to add a lot of vibrato to my vocals but many people /reviews have said Waves Wavetune does the best at creating a realistic vibrato. Auto Tune has its own vibrato tool but i've never found it particularly convincing though i'm sure with some effort using it in graphical mode you'd prolly be able to make it work.