using shell2vst on Waves.Complete.v2019.07.10.Incl.Emulator-R2R

Discussion in 'Software' started by marbles, Sep 29, 2019.

1. marbles

marbles Noisemaker

hi,

this was easy to install thanks to R2R doing away with the license manager thingy, but i'm having trouble removing the unwanted .dll's.

i know you can delete the plugs you don't want from the "Plugins V10" folder, reducing the installation size, but the waveshell in the VST folder still lists every plugin.

this crashes Ableton Live when one of the deleted plugs is dragged in, not to mention just looks very messy when 80% of the plugins have been removed but every one of them is still listed in Ableton.

i tried the shell2vst app and that extracts the .dll's ok (vst2 only) but when i deleted the waveshells the DAW doesn't see the plugins at all.

this release is different to how it has been in the past.. the Waves installation file structure is different so old threads don't apply anymore.

is there a way to use shell2vst to extract .dll's with the current R2R Waves Complete releases that works?

i'm on win 10.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Audiosexual

I don't know much. Mostly waves has been a "black box" to me when it comes to installing.
    I recall trying to choose different packages (limited success) and selecting individual plugins (worse) and in the end just installed the whole bunch. I last installed: Waves.Complete.v2019.02.14-R2R-2019.02.16 [Then I deleted all AAX, Linux & Win32 folders]
    I used shell2vst to extract the .dll's to drop in a folder for scanning to use with other programs without scanning my main VST folder.
    Hopefully someone knows what your problem is, and...
    You might want to say which specific R2R version (I recall people saying different things about different installs).

4. marbles

marbles Noisemaker

i worked it out..
    i needed to add Admin rights to shell2vst..
    then installed the waveshells into the program directory with the plugs C:\programs (x86)\waves
    then i installed the shell2vst to the same location (gave it admin rights) and dragged the shells one by one onto it creating the extracted .dll folder.
    then moved the extracted .dll's over to the VST plugins folder and it was fine.

5. Tobias Lwh

Tobias Lwh Newbie

Where did u get the
    cant find it anywhere
    Waves.Complete.v2019.07.10.Incl.Emulator-R2R?

6. Who Me

Who Me Producer

Sister site has it...