Using Samples In Logic Pro 9/X

Discussion in 'Logic' started by Axioz, Oct 2, 2015.

1. Axioz

Axioz Noisemaker

hey community i have been in a dilemma for awhile i have logic pro 9/x i would love for it to be my main daw but the audio editing in logic is way to complicated using exs24 or ultrabeat i was wondering how do you guys work with samples in logic that speeds up your workflow like using samples in ableton do you use a 3rd party vst/au like battery 4 ? please comment on your workflows for using samples in logic thank you :)

3. xsze

xsze Guest

Depends what you want to do, multi-out drum machine style, Ultrabeat is neat, general sampling, EXS24. :thumbsup:

Logic doesn't have Simpler alternative, one shot sampler, I have been using EXS24 for that duties, Racks correspond to Ultrabeat and Sampler again to EXS24, there's shortcut for converting samples from arrangement to EXS24. :yes:

I'm not current Logic X user, but I were Logic 9 one, there's some new stuff in X, Drum Machine Designer should be neat, check that out :thumbsup:

4. Mostwest

Mostwest Platinum Record

Usually don't use any plugin just use the arrange track. If I need real time timestretch I go for Izotope Iris 2. But again usually drag audio sample to track

5. e-minor

e-minor Platinum Record

Maschine is the way to go. I skip the esx24 and ultrabeat altogether.

6. dim_triad

dim_triad Producer

I hate to say it mate... cuz I own Logic... but I finally gave up and just use Ableton for now. I mean, definitely a must for drums. I'd like to then move the drums to Logic, and do everything else, but I've just ended up staying in Ableton... I mean, you CANNOT beat all the insane shit you that can do with all their native FX and everything... shit is "the ridiculous". add 3rd parties, and now its straight 'tarded.

7. Quakeaudio

Quakeaudio Producer

If you need something to load fast and fire up you drum samples then this is for U: SELECTOR

http://abletunes.com/product/plugins/selektor/

Easy and fast to handle and a great price.

p.s.
    Im using Logic since the first day and never changed my DAW. For me, Logic has the best and fastest workflow ( I have also Ableton, Studio One, Performer and others.)

Last edited: Oct 2, 2015