Using NI NichtGen Mini v1 by Tracer Generates Error Message

Discussion in 'PC' started by Philman, Apr 10, 2022.

1. Philman

Philman Noisemaker

I'm using Windows 10 Home and I have been using NI NichtGen Mini v1 by Tracer to create Kontakt nicnt files. I've been using it for several Kontakt instruments, but occasionally I get the following error:

"Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately."

I'm not sure why I get this error sometimes, and I don't know if clicking "Continue" automatically solves the problem on not. I have not installed Kontakt 6 yet, and I know I should install it and check and see if the instruments with the nicnt files in question show up, but I thought I'd ask here first to prevent having to uninstall them, fix the nicnt files, and then reinstall them. I'd rather get the nicnt files fixed first, if need be.

By the way, when I check the completed nicnt files in Notepad++, they look OK to me. What am I missing, or doing wrong to occasionally generate this error?

Thanks!