Using "Native Access" to update, non-owned Kontakt Libraries.

Discussion in 'Software' started by MrLyannMusic, Nov 14, 2018.

1. MrLyannMusic

MrLyannMusic Audiosexual

As the titles suggest, is it possible to use "Native Access" to update my Kontakt Libraries without braking or loosing them ?

3. Disfunktion

Disfunktion Ultrasonic

If you're asking can you use Native Access to update illegally owned Kontakt libraries...the answer is 'No'. You have to have a registered serial for the library before you can download and install updates through Native Access. Non registered libraries will just show up as 'Demo' in Native Access.

4. MrLyannMusic

MrLyannMusic Audiosexual

i'm trying it on a piggy library right now, it is actually downloading, i'll see if it works

5. Hennessey

Hennessey Platinum Record

Actually you can, but i have done that for NI libraries. The method is very simple, when downloading instaler and when download is finish, backup that zip file in some other folder then when update starts from Native Access you must cancel it because that mess up library, it reverts it to version 1.0 and is not working properly anymore. When you finish all of that you can manualy instal update from backup ZIP file. Everything is done and works perfect. For me that was working but i can't guarantee to others. Cheers

6. flipper

flipper Newbie

Best Answer
    If you have a k'd Kontakt and Maschine (etc) then yes, you can use native Access for updates. Think about it. Native Access, already, will show all of your libraries as being DEMO versions or INSTALLED, right? (assuming you have some legit libs in there). So, if you hit update all, it will do just that, it will update all, and still list them as Demo versions. Meanwhile, when you launch your k'd Kontakt they will show up k'd just as before, but updated. I do this all the time, simply by keeping a K'd Kontakt 5.6.0 for the "Add Library" feature, a K'd Kontakt 6.0.2 to run all the libs (even the ones that 5.6.0 installs, but doesn't physically "list"), and a regular NI, paid-for Kontakt that Native Access "sees."

In a nutshell, Native Access sees the libs, sees it's authorized Kontakt, and assumes a DEMO will remain a DEMO. But the K'd Kontakt doesn't "see" the DEMO, it sees the lib. This is not rocket science.

7. Dave_Music

Dave_Music Platinum Record

So can you update the Orange Tree Guitars, Heavyocity libraries, in Native Access or just the Native Instruments libraries? :)

8. MrLyannMusic

MrLyannMusic Audiosexual

If i understood flipper right, yes, as long as Native Access sees the library.

9. Moogerfooger

Moogerfooger Audiosexual

Sweet!! Gotta try this tonight!!

10. oisinn

oisinn Ultrasonic

Don't be gimp. You would never OWN it anyway -- only ever own a LICENSE to run it

11. Dave_Music

Dave_Music Platinum Record

So did this work with Heavyocity, orangetree, etc?

12. Maury

Maury Newbie

Are the lib updates still working? Same method but unfortunately no update seen I don't know why ...

13. ted2020

ted2020 Noisemaker

Just looking at this thread, as for the first time, I have just bought a NI M32 Keyboard, and have to use Native Access to grab my free software that comes with it.

On loading up Native Access App, suddenly all my K'd Libraries appeared from my Mac (as DEMO) in NA ! and I panicked! lol

Whats the deal with this? can I grab my Komplete 13 Select which is free for a limited time with my NI M32 hardware keyboard?

- Can I update K'd libraries through Native Access?
    - Can NI see my libraries through Native Access? or do they see them as Demo mode?
    - If I update or do anything with my K'd Libraries in Native Access, will it 'restrict' them to Demo mode or cause them not to work??

Any help would be most grateful thank you