Using MPC expansions from the sister site on MPC hardware

Discussion in 'Samplers, Synthesizers' started by acatnamedharmony, Aug 26, 2022.

1. acatnamedharmony

acatnamedharmony Ultrasonic

Just traded some gear today and scored an MPC One and was wondering if there were any particular hurdles to using expansions downloaded from the sister site or elsewhere on the hardware. There seems to be a general lack of information on the subject.

Thanks =)

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

I would also be interested to know more about this before pulling the trigger.

4. clone

clone Audiosexual

they are platform specific installer files. so Mac dmg format, pc .exe. Maybe a little r2r released software. Piece of cake. If that small bit of info changes your need for such a device, I'd keep my money. but I would anyway. :)

Last edited: Aug 26, 2022
  5. macros

macros Guest

just gotta get one of these, then you're good to go! at least according to my mpc2000xl knowledge... [​IMG]

6. clone

clone Audiosexual

The kids model has USB.

7. cliquid

cliquid Ultrasonic

Yes, you can use sister site expansions in the MPC One. Sometimes you have to install it to your computer first in the MPC software and then transfer it to the MPC, but it is all possible. I have had every expansion available on the sister site on my MPC One at some point. All working. Using the MPC Software, it was also possible to transfer all my old MPC3000/2000/S1000 and S6000 files as well. So, basically there is a little running around and jumping through hoops, but it's doable.

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  8. macros

macros Guest

so a mpc then? :D ha and don't get me wrong im not talking shit, it's the process and limitations that get you the results.

9. clone

clone Audiosexual

they are two very different animals. the 2000s are a hardwire sequencer with some sampling capability. The ones they mean are like a NI Maschine for workflow. Usually when a release like they are talking about has no comments to it, it's because it works correctly. So simple in fact, there is not even the one usual AAX request included.

10. macros

macros Guest

hahahaha I figured/hoped they'd moved on from scsi cables and 250mb zip disks by now! probably doesn't take minutes to time stretch something either ha. I'm assuming things with the new machines are more like a dedicated daw than what I used to have. I sold a 2000xl to get a Roland mv8800 (half computer half mpc!) then after a few months... sold it and just got a whole computer. couldn't play Skyrim on the Roland.

11. Soul1975

Soul1975 Platinum Record

LMAO.you were being sarcastic right?

12. LA-SCIMMIA-BEAT

LA-SCIMMIA-BEAT Ultrasonic

if anyone want..
    i have huge collection of sample drum break sampled fro my akai s950 and my mpc xl 2k
    hit me in PM

13. macros

macros Guest

If I got a laugh I succeeded. I installed the sd reader in mine anyhow, afterall we're living in the future!

14. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

You just made my day. :rofl:

15. EddieXx

EddieXx Audiosexual

nothing special. all released expansions works perfect.

now, the newly released instruments do not work yet, are not released either. the ones that came with the MPC Keys. they use authentication of another sort.

but regular expansions again work fine

16. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

Make it two :rofl::lmao:

17. cliquid

cliquid Ultrasonic

Haha trudat