using kontakt with background music

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by LV-LEO, Jun 24, 2020.

1. LV-LEO

LV-LEO Newbie

Hi all, I would like to know if there is a way to configure my pc in order to play instruments in kontakt and at the same time play a song. Should I have to add an dedicated audio card so I can use two or more sources?
    What happens as you may know is that when Im using Kontakt the pc is not able to reproduce any sound on other software, youtube, or whatever I may try to reproduce a song.
    I know it is a newbie question but i would appretiate some of you to explain it to me.
    Thanks in advance.

3. Rockseller

Rockseller Platinum Record

4. Trurl

Trurl Audiosexual

Any basic DAW should be able to import and play back sound files of whatever you want while triggering MIDI in Kontakt. Don't worry about using another sound source. Just import into your DAW.

5. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Audiosexual

To clarify, do you want to be able to play random stuff from your music library and play your VST instruments at the same time?
    By that, I mean you do not want to have to import them as audio.
    That seems a nice thing, but of course there are tuning issues, and by importing you can usually fix that.
    On the other hand, if you want to be able to listen to tutorial videos and work in your DAW at the same time, I have used ASIO Link Pro.
    It is now free. https://give.academy/posts/2018/03/02/AsioLinkPro/
    It also allows you to also record from almost anything...
    I used to record individual tracks from surround sound using VLC...neat stuff

Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  6. LV-LEO

LV-LEO Newbie

Thanks to all. Im not using a DAW just Kontakt.
    DoubleTake I will try AsioLinkPro but i was wondering if it would create any coflcts with my installed already ASIO4ALL. Thanks again!