User Library not building after fresh install of Live 10 Suite?

Discussion in 'Live' started by dylan660097, Nov 16, 2020.

1. dylan660097

dylan660097 Newbie

Ableton isn't building the User Library in my Documents, or at all, anywhere on my computer. Everything is authorized and legit, I've tried reinstalling it at least 6 times in the last two hours and not one time did it even try to create the User Library folder. It creates the Ableton folder, and the two other folders that go inside that, but no User Library. Whats going on?

3. Hareesh S

Hareesh S Producer

I had the same issue, except my copy wasn't legit so I simply just made the folders myself and pointed Ableton to it. If for some reason that isn't working for you, try hitting up the official forums and see if they can help

4. dylan660097

dylan660097 Newbie

maybe i should mention my copy isn't legit and the only reason it said it was in the original post was because I asked the same thing on the official Ableton reddit and didn't wanna get banned, I tried making the folders but it seems like Ableton wouldn't build a library in them or even use the folder as a real one.

5. MRFEENIX

MRFEENIX Kapellmeister

Have you tried another copy?

6. Hareesh S

Hareesh S Producer

https://www.reddit.com/r/edmproduct...eople_on_ableton_ever_had_their_user_library/
    https://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?t=216700
    Try looking at these replies and see if anything works for you. I remember skimming through these replies when I had the same issue.

Edit: You should be able to make a folder and point Ableton to it through Preferences<Library<Location of User Library
    Just make a folder named Ableton in your documents(Default Location) if it doesn't exist already and set that as your user library. Ableton will rebuild the Library there

Last edited: Nov 17, 2020