*used* Push 2 w/o software license?

Discussion in 'Live' started by downtempoloader, Aug 12, 2019.

1. downtempoloader

downtempoloader Newbie

Hello to all!
    I'm thinking of getting a used Push 2 but it doesn't come with a software license for Live. If one was to obtain a working version of Live Suite elseware, is there any reason that the used controller couldn't work with that software?
    I was kinda burned recently by a used NI Komplete Kontrol that didn't include Komplete license. The keyboard HAD to be paired with an authentically licensed Komplete, so I had to return it.
    thanks for all thoughts and suggestions!

3. baldman

baldman Ultrasonic

It'll work fine. did exactly the same thing a couple years ago, and no problems. as far as the Komplete Kontrol. that has me stumped as I have a S49 Mk2 keyboard, Maschine 3 and Maschine Jam that are all working fine as well. I just use the "found" version of the software and it just works!

4. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

I did this a few years ago. Only problem is, if it doesnt work properly for some reason you have to contact ableton support and they request status reports created by live

They didnt say anything to me, but i couldnt get the display working correctly for a while and was using a cracked live while going back and forth with support lol. They can, im sure, see in your account what kind of license you have.

I bought live shortly thereafter. I figured if i was going to spend several hundred dollars on daw specific hardware i could spend the 300 or so for a used license so that i wouldnt have to worry about contacting support

5. downtempoloader

downtempoloader Newbie

Thank you both! I think I’ll go for it