Used Maschine MK3

Discussion in 'Maschine' started by trash116, Mar 18, 2020.

1. trash116

trash116 Noisemaker

Hi Everyone,

I'm just about to buy a used Maschine MK3. Sorry i've got some noob questions, i have read the other threads on here - i just want to check my understanding and clarify for peace of mind.

1) The existing owner is going to transfer all software - which i believe is (a) the latest version of Maschine Software and (b) Komplete 12 select --- is that all he should transfer over?

2) He has said he still uses maschine software in his workflow - so needs to check with NI if he would be "transferring fully or just elements of it" any ideas how that would work..... this seems strange i presume he would just have to fully transfer the licence over

3) I use alot of cracked software & plugins (both NI & non-NI) from the sister site. Whats the best way forward?

Do i register the maschine, get him to transfer licences over, but then install cracked maschine software from sister site? what about the komplete 12 select?

Sorry if this has been covered before, i'm just not 100% clear
    Thanks in advance

3. vaiman

vaiman Platinum Record

I thought the Maschine software was paired with the hardware unit. I may be wrong.

Looking at my account: Maschine 2 for Maschine MK3 is marked as "Not transferable". I would make 100% sure what you are buying is what you need. So in the case, raise support call with NI and ask their advice... they are the experts in this field :) Too many cases I see where people pony up the money, then expect NI's help after when it goes tits up.

As for the cracks, I've no idea.

4. 5teezo

5teezo Audiosexual

Unlike MPC Studio, Maschine luckily runs without the Hardware as a Dongle.

In order to sell their Maschine Expansions with more sound options than just samples, N.I. at one point decided to include Massive, some Kontakt Libraries, Reaktor Instruments and Plugins. I think that was around the time MK2 dropped. So when the guy transfers over the Licenses you should get the following licenses:

"MASCHINE 2"
    "MASSIVE for MASCHINE"
    "KOMPLETE SELECT" or similar. The whole Komplete Select/Selection/Start product line is a clusterfuck of re-combined products you can easily lose track of what's included.

In my case, since I own Maschine 1 as well I can transfer the Maschine 2 software because I paid for the update. So it all depends a bit upon the account of the current owner, what's transferable or not.

5. juggz143

juggz143 Kapellmeister

If the guy transfers his license to you he won't be able to use it any longer, but yes you should get at the minimum the latest version of Maschine and Komplete Select as @5teezo mentioned, depending on exactly when he purchased sometimes there where additional bonuses included.

...But I'll also mention... If you intend to use anything else cracked from NI inside of maschine then you will need to use cracked maschine and komplete anyway. Legit maschine will load other companies cracked (and legit) plugs but nothing cracked from NI will load. Basically your entire NI ecosystem will need to be k'd versions to function.