Used libraries in a cubase project

Discussion in 'Cubase / Nuendo' started by santakaloz, Jun 22, 2017.

1. santakaloz

santakaloz Newbie

Hi all,

I wanted to continue one of my old project and of course I don't remember what libraries I've used.
    I had to make a full system reinstall, so when I'm trying to click on the edit instrument button I've just got an empty play_VST-x64 window...
    How do I know which libraries I have to reinstall?

Thank you!

3. techdevil

techdevil Rock Star

Cubase will happily tell you the missing VST plugins, but I'm afraid it does not extend to Kontakt libraries... Thats where the notes field comes in handy. Same for patch names…. Been there myself but now use notes religiously.

4. flyingsleeves

flyingsleeves Platinum Record

I'm pretty sure this isn't DAW specific, but whenever I open up a project and Kontakt can't find a library it will ask me for its location. Are you not getting this prompt in Cubase?

5. twoheart

twoheart Audiosexual

That's right. Tested it a minute ago.

You just need to open Kontakt as a plugin and click on "locate". You're shown the old path and filename of the library.

Also, it must be in the Cubase project file. But it seems to be encrypted/compressed and I cnnot fint it with a plain texteditor.

Interesting: If I sve a .cpr with only one Kontakt lib instance and rename the lirary directory, Kontakt gives an error, but the lib is playig the sound I used, although the lib isn't there anymore.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
  6. santakaloz

santakaloz Newbie

Thanks for the answers.
    I was able to figure out the Kontakt libraries I just don't know the others.
    It is a .cpr file.