Use OpenSSH plugs without modifying system

Discussion in 'Mac / Hackintosh' started by John Trumble, May 31, 2015.

1. Grandy

Grandy Member

dont quite like 32 lives as i think the plugins that i use via 32 lives are quite slow. only use it for sylenth and smexoscope

2. tidus1990

tidus1990 Producer

Did anyone come up with a patcher for this? The manual instructions seem to be a bit over my level of understanding.

3. HPF

HPF Kapellmeister

open terminal.app an type

sudo chmod 775 /usr/lib/libstXX++.*
    sudo chown 0:0 /usr/lib/libstXX++.*
    sudo codesign -fs - /usr/lib/libstXX++.6.0.9.dylib

4. Grandy

Grandy Member

when i try to validate sonnox plugins i get this error:
    Manufacturer String: Sonnox (AU Native)
    AudioUnit Name: Oxford Reverb
    Component Version: 2.0.2 (0x20002)
    Component's Bundle Version: 0.0.0

* * PASS
    --------------------------------------------------
    TESTING OPEN TIMES:
    COLD:
    Time to open AudioUnit: 92.675 ms
    WARM:
    Time to open AudioUnit: 75.999 ms
    FIRST TIME:
    COxfordPrefsBase::GetBool() did not find value for key OxfordReverb:No Latency Mode
    COxfordPrefsBase::GetBool() did not find value for key OxfordReverb:Show Presets Path
    COxfordPrefsBase::GetBool() did not find value for key OxfordReverb:Enable Onboard Preset Manager
    COxfordPrefsBase::GetBool() did not find value for key OxfordReverb:Backward Compatibility Mode
    COxfordPrefsBase::GetBool() did not find value for key OxfordReverb:Fill EQ Bands
    COxfordPrefsBase::GetBool() did not find value for key OxfordReverb:Use Drag Handles
    COxfordPrefsBase::GetBool() did not find value for key OxfordReverb:Auto Scale
    COxfordPrefsBase::GetNumber() did not find value for key OxfordReverb:Graph Scale
    COxfordPrefsBase::GetBool() did not find value for key OxfordReverb:Wet Dry Lock
    COxfordPrefsBase::GetNumber() did not find value for key OxfordReverb:Linear Knob

validation result: crashed validation

5. lyric8

lyric8 Producer

Ha HPF You type in the hold string.....sudo chmod 775 /usr/lib/libstXX++.*
    sudo codesign -fs - /usr/lib/libstXX++.6.0.9.dylib ( All Of It ) or just the libs
    Thanks

6. Moonlight

Moonlight Audiosexual

anyone notices that the system get instable aber modifying those system files ?

7. HPF

HPF Kapellmeister

You are aware that no system files are modified here? That is what the topic is about ... "Use OpenSSH plugs without modifying system" :winker:

8. Davey Jones

Davey Jones Producer

Only if I can understand half the stuff I just read. I've had these OpenSSH plugs for months.... an haven't installed. I'll live, though.

9. grdh20

grdh20 Platinum Record

That's about what I'm going to need to be able to do this as well. i'm not afraid tom say that it is way over my head. That said, I think I did everything right for Eventide Blackhole and then the plug didn't work in Logic so I gave up. As far as ill effects form the master k'ed dylib, I only notice a few apps don't work like Audition unless you switch the dylib's file in and out when needed.

10. e-minor

e-minor Platinum Record

I'm going to echo this as well. Those with more knowledge than us, and ability to do so, a patcher that would allow us not to modify the files but still allow for the plugs to work would be awesome. I have them working on my system now, but would like to upgrade the OS.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. e-minor

e-minor Platinum Record

Question, as I've been wanting to install the adobe lineup. When you swithc the dylibs back and forth, do you still need to restart the computer everytime or was that just for the initial dylib installation?

12. HPF

HPF Kapellmeister

I confess i did not - but my puter did not xplode :dunno: you should at least close all apps

Last edited: Oct 15, 2015
  13. Belarri

Belarri Member

after a while following this post i tried to get to work the slate virtual channel with success with only 5 steps....:
    1.install slate virtual 1.5.2
    2.Open with hex fiend your os x libstdc++.6.0.9.dylib(im using os 10.10.2 openssh) and look for libstdc++.6.dylib on right side of the app (its on line 5500 aprox,line numbers are on left side of the app) and you only need to hover mouse over dc words and type XX(on images)
    1.png

Captura de pantalla 2015-10-26 a las 16.23.38.png
    then go hex fiend menu and save it as libstXX++.6.0.9.dylib

3.put the modified .dylib in /usr/lib (if you don't know how to view hidden files click here)
    then open terminal and type :
    cd /usr/lib
    sudo ln -s libstXX++.6.0.9.dylib libstXX++.6.dylib ( sudo because i got permission denied)

4.close terminal and run terminal again, repair permissions and codesign as pointed HPF like this:

sudo chmod 775 /usr/lib/libstXX++.*
    sudo codesign -fs - /usr/lib/libstXX++.6.0.9.dylib

5.go to audio components and show content package of slate virtual(there are 2 mixer and channel)pick one and in Contents/MacOs you find slate digital virtual mixes in this case.
    Captura de pantalla 2015-10-26 a las 16.57.20.png
    repeat point 1.open slate digital with hex fiend ,look for libstdc++.6.dylib inside hex fiend (line 8000 aprox) and replace dc words for XX and save it(not save as..)
    2.png

repeat this with the other component...

All credit to Artattack,HPF and the rest who helped on this thread

Ps: once opened logic you may get au validation error, go to module manager select slate plugins and rescan and validate button ,you restart logic and slate for all¡

yosemite 10.10.5 and logic 10.2 here. ill try to do altiverb 7 later...

altiverb running doing only point 5:hillbilly:

Last edited: Oct 26, 2015
  14. HPF

HPF Kapellmeister

Do NOT replace strings manually! Use Search/Replace (cmd+f) instead and replace all occurencies :guru:
    search: /usr/lib/libstdc++.6
    replace: /usr/lib/libstXX++.6
    :wink:

15. Belarri

Belarri Member

ok ty¡ but you,re saying replace the name of original libstdc++.6.dylib found in /usr/lib ?
    cause i only added libstXX++.6.0.9.dylib to that path ....or

when opening openssh dylib with hex fiend search and replace?

anyway im running both plugs with manual replacing and no problems so far lol¡my hacker skills are ZERO :rofl:

16. HPF

HPF Kapellmeister

you did allright, but with search/replace it is easier and you cant go wrong, while manual adjustments may go wrong. And of course I talk about HexFiend's search/replace function :cheers:
    Mentioned the whole path just for the sake of completeness.
    Search: libstdc++.6
    Replace: libstXX++.6
    Does it very well too.
    After you installed the edited dylib you need to adjust the reference inside the plugin only, sure.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2015
  17. ddaudiosolutions

ddaudiosolutions Newbie

Hi everybody, i would like to know, how many plugs work with the OpenSSH crack, like sonnox, izotpe rx5, etc....

And if possible a new tutorial step by step, to use it? i will be grateful with you.

Thanks for your time and your comments.

18. Enoch007

Enoch007 Kapellmeister

Its been discussed at length here. Do a search. However, a concise clear & straight forward method to using it hasn't been delivered. You'll have to sus through all the cluttered posts... Hopefully somebody will post a clear step by step method for using the OpenSSH crack.

19. Grandy

Grandy Member

read the whole thread, artattack and others explained it step by step

20. MrLyannMusic

MrLyannMusic Audiosexual

To be Honest, i read all of these, but i don't understand it, not that smart you know, i would love to wait and see if there is a way to make a ready-to-use version of all these app for everyone, it is awesome i must say, and i'am happy to see people are working together to make this happen, i'm gonna wait and see anyway! good luck and good job! Proud to be part of this awesome community! :wink::wink::wink: