Use OpenSSH plugs without modifying system

Discussion in 'Mac / Hackintosh' started by John Trumble, May 31, 2015.

1. Rakbeatzz

Rakbeatzz Member

My Flux Alchemist states that it's not authorized. Did you have to do anything else to the file for it to work?

Edit: Nevermind I just deleted the x64 cmpnt and kept the x86, resurrected it in 32 lives and it worked.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2015
  2. tshffl

tshffl Member

Hey, i tried this method on 10.11 / El Capitan several times, im pretty sure ive done everything right but it doesnt work. I dont get any error in Terminal when i enter the specific commands but i get auth-error when i open the plugins. Replacing the 10.11 libstdc dylib with the openssh 10.10 works (the plugins open & run). Any idea to get this method working in 10.11 without replacing the system libstdc dylib? Btw. much respect to you guys, nice thread!

Last edited: Sep 2, 2015
  3. Rakbeatzz

Rakbeatzz Member

My Duende Channel Strip x64 crashes validation and DAW, except the mono version.

4. babybrown

babybrown Ultrasonic

That's weird - my iLok Duende 5.1.1 (64bit) all work as VST in Ableton Live 9.2.2 but when using AU the Mono Channel Strip and the Mono Bus Compressor crash the system. Aside from that it's all sweetness. All the AU versions seem to work in the New Logic as well

Last edited: Sep 4, 2015
  5. platensesoul

platensesoul Member

Somebody managed to make the Sonnox plugins work with this method?

6. babybrown

babybrown Ultrasonic

Yes. All Sonnox working. Flux Alchemist no, LM2 and LM6 No. Some of the McDSP no (incl. AE400). Softube all working apart from Summit Audio.

7. Slider

Slider Producer

Did anyone happen to read copylefter's post and warning? Pretty much what he said would happen with this thread has happened. Failures, freezes, reloads, and requests for help because most know just enough to be dangerous. I understand the "spirit of a challenge " to forge ahead & try something yourself, but if you have to request detailed specific instructions, step-by-step hand holding and don't understand the negative repercussions of actions or how to solve when things get fucked up, maybe a little patience might better well serve you if you don't have the required skill level.....just sayin'! :) Good luck to those who jumped!:suicide:

8. tshffl

tshffl Member

dim_triad all legit plugs (soundtoys+exponential audio etc.) works here alongside the openssh stuff

if you make a patch/er could you please make it also work for osx 10.11? if anyone knows a way how to let the usr/bin folder untouched while using the openssh plugins please reply.

9. platensesoul

platensesoul Member

Here I can't get Sonnox to work. Using the Xcode command install_name_tool -change or binary patching none of these methods works (plugins make Logic Pro X crash).

What have you done to make the Sonnox bundle work? Do you have the original (untouched) dylib in /usr/lib right?

Last edited: Sep 7, 2015
  10. erolz

erolz Member

Great work guys but I am so confused now...
    could some one please make a step by step noob tutorial for this? Or maybe a YT video? I really want to try this. Thanks again

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. zee

zee Noisemaker

Yes please, it will be great if someone could put together a "for dummies" tutorial on how to do this.
    Thanks so much!

12. boomoperator

boomoperator Rock Star

+1.. I would really appreciate that too. Doesn't have to be for dummies, just good.

13. Grandy

Grandy Member

ARTATTACK on page 2 made a step by step tutorial, if you need to find instructions for this then maybe you should read the whole thread? :)

14. sisyphus

sisyphus Rock Star

While it is amazing what the openssh method has enabled, this is absolutely stuff not for the faint of heart, or without a pretty clear operational understanding of what is going on underneath the hood on osx... I am no idiot, but I am also no genius when it comes to making these kinds of system level hacks that definitely could wreak havoc on my working system. I won't even attempt this myself due to time issues etc, and awaiting a perhaps better front end for it which may one day come.... but I would if I could find a day to do so, and only on a BACKED up/cloned system drive...

but don't go trying this without a net...

15. insaner

insaner Ultrasonic

Maybe someone could help me a little, i followed artattack guide to patch my DAW and plugs manually.

I dont get the patched lib in the file i see also no errors. I am a noob here's is my Terminal screen:
    [​IMG]

I got in usr/lib both dylib the openSSH and the renamed XX dylib from artattack.

Why isn't the .dylib patched in the DAW executable?

Regards and have a nice day!

BTW i am trying to get SSL duende to work (VST)

16. erolz

erolz Member

bump ;)

17. Grandy

Grandy Member

you dont need to bump, just read artattack post on page 2 and read this whole thread ;)

18. Grandy

Grandy Member

tried codesigning openssh dylib and no go with sonnox, even tried codesigning sonnox plugins and still no go. 10.9.5 and lpx 10.2.0

19. HPF

HPF Kapellmeister

same here the sonnox seem to work only if you replace the system dylib, but everything else works fine - you can still use an older release of sonnox with 32lives

20. HPF

HPF Kapellmeister

short answer, there is no reference to libstdc++.6 ;) You try to change a non existing reference ... Just forget the DAW ... focus on the plugs ... you do not need to patch your daw! But you should codesign the hex edited dylib if on mac os 10.9+