Use OpenSSH plugs without modifying system

Discussion in 'Mac / Hackintosh' started by John Trumble, May 31, 2015.

1. Javier

Javier Member

I have tried everything to make it work but it is impossible, I am already frustrated. Could you help to know how it worked?

Thanks in advance

2. Dombeg

Dombeg Newbie

Hello guys,

Did someone succeed to have Eventide Anthology x oR H3OOO patched with the open ssh method?
    What are the main actions? on Ikok manager? Logic pro X? on the plugins itself??? My mac is on Sierra OS X.
    If you could help.

3. smoke

smoke Noisemaker

Any news about sonnox and macOS 10.12.6?

I've tried the steps multiple times but the sonnox Oxford (v5 installers) plugins work only if I replace the dylib and obviously in this way the whole macOS system doesn't work correctly. If I replace the reference in the Mac-O header (only of the plugins because the daws use the new lib) Live crashes and in Logic the plugins fail the validation.

4. wakiki

wakiki Noisemaker

I tested too and nothing. Oxford are complicated, probably have trick or something similar. Please, if somebody know how working post here. Happy Days everybody.

5. Indigenous

Indigenous Member

the plugs and the host have to use the same std c lib

6. Indigenous

Indigenous Member

has anyone looked at patching photoshop and Lightroom to use the original lib c in an alternative location? After altering the main system c lib, the adobe stuff doesn't work anymore

7. itsan

itsan Member

Hi everyone !

I recently get the AWESOME openshh method and use now Softube Plugins 1.3.5 on my mac with no problem (even if I'm on Sierra !)
    And I would like to know if there is a way to ask them if it could be possible to adapt that method with the same Softube Plug-ins Control Software but the most recent one (before the new system come up) and that you can easily download at :
    https://www.softube.com/index.php?id=installers-legacy

But while 1.3.5 weight 380Mo and have some but not all of the plugins available, the 2.3.76 weight more than 3,5Go and I found everything of every bungle (including Modulars one).

I try to install it using the same procedure but it didn't work...
    I see some change in the content of .AU and .VST folder, but I was wondering if it will not be easy to just add some of the plugs (or all) in the 1.3.5 installer, change some content to match it and ... Well, use all Softubes Bundle :D

But well, even if it's not made, I want already thanks openshh for this beautiful gift !
    Even if I was really afraid at the beginning to play with systems files ^^'

8. SOURLITO

SOURLITO Newbie

Have you figured it out ? It all worked for me when I had Mac OSX 10.7.5 installed but now that I have Mac OSX 10.8.5 installed some of the plugins are not working.

Plugins not working Relab Complete not working, Antares Auto Tune 7.7.5 for aax not working.

Also how do I do it for abelton live ?

I really dont want to downgrade to 10.7.5 so can you or anyone help me ?

Also this command comes back wrong "sudo codesign -f -s - /usr/lib/libstXX++.6.0.9.dylib"

9. erwinor

erwinor Newbie

Even it is a 3 years old thread I have to ask this.........How do you guys make it work on El Capitan?
    I ve replace the lib with the 10.2 one and every time I QUIT the daw,my mac freezes.

10. Bassmonsta

Bassmonsta Ultrasonic

How to get this working on high Sierra?

11. erwinor

erwinor Newbie

After a clean install of Sierra everything works as it should even the sonnox plugs.....

12. SOURLITO

SOURLITO Newbie

I JUST UPGRADED TO EL CAPITAN, I THOUGHT THE TECH FOR PRO TOOLS WOULD WORK BUT IT HAS GLITCHES. BUT I HAVE LOGIC PRO X NOW. SO IF THE DAW AND THE PLUGIN MUST SHARE THE SAME LIB, HOW DO I DO THAT WITH LOGIC PRO X? I OPENED LOGIC PRO X USING HEX FIEND, BUT I CANT FIND THE libstdc++.6.0.9 PORTION. CAN ANY ONE HELP ?

I HAVE THE SONNOX BUT THE libstdc++.6.0.9 ONLY GOES AS HIGH AS 10.10.2.

ALSO WHEN I UPGRADED TO MOUNTAIN LION THE FIRST TIME THE libstdc++.6.0.9 FOR 10.8.5 WOULDN'T DO ANY THING, BUT I TRIED THE libstdc++.6.0.9 FOR 10.7.5 WHILE ON MOUNTAIN LION AND EVERYTHING WORKED FINE. AGAIN I UPGRADED TO EL CAPITAN NOW, CAN ANY ONE HELP ?

13. gorri

gorri Ultrasonic

Use the adobe-patched (HOOK) version of openssh instead, search sister site for these. Put back original libstdc.

K-))

14. SOURLITO

SOURLITO Newbie

I TRIED TO DO THIS IN EL CAPITAN AND THE ibstXX++.6.dylib WAS SAVED MAC HD, USER FOLDER, MY NAME FOLDER RIGHT UNDER PIC FOLDERS. THAT WAS WEIRD. NOW AFTER MOVING ibstXX++.6.dylib FILE INTO LIB, ALL I SEE IS libstXX++.6.0.9.dylib AND THE ALIAS ibstXX++.6.dylib THATS ALL. CAN YOU OR ANYONE HELP?

15. SOURLITO

SOURLITO Newbie

What version of MCDSP?, I cant get lx480complete to work, what am I doing wrong. Sonnox also not working. I will try eventide

16. SOURLITO

SOURLITO Newbie

ARE YOU ABLE TO SEND ME THE DOWNLOAD LINK FOR EVENTIDE? PLEASE? NO MATTER WHICH ONE I DOWNLOAD I CANT GET IT TO WORK

17. SOURLITO

SOURLITO Newbie

THERE IS NO ILOK FOLDER IN APPLICATION

18. belalugosi

belalugosi Producer

!) get an hammer and crash the damn CapsLock on you keyboard

2) hit shift + command + N keys to get on finder a new folder > click and hold on "New Folder" name >rename it "ilok" > read the instruction in this (now too long and full of craps) topic

Last edited: Sep 2, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  19. Jeff*

Jeff* Kapellmeister

Hi everyone,
    Does anyone know if the Sonnox bundle works without modifying the system files aka with copying the dylib in a ilok created folder in applications?
    If so, I can't seem to find a way to do this here or at the Sister site. Sorry if I missed it in this thread...
    BTW the Sonnox plugs work fine in Mojave 10.14.1, just updated to 10.14.2 so wondering if there an easier way than constantly disabling SIP and replacing a system file :)
    Thanks!

20. Grater

Grater Ultrasonic

Hey, guys. Thanks for this method! It works well apart from Sonnox plugins. I'd be interested if anyone made it work with Ableton 10