Use OpenSSH plugs without modifying system

Discussion in 'Mac / Hackintosh' started by John Trumble, May 31, 2015.

1. binarycoders

binarycoders Member

Can you someone explain this a bit more in detail???? just to be sure.....

NEVERMIND !!! I got it.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
  2. 09baby

09baby Newbie

Ok, so I'm currently on OS 10.11.4 El Capitan, what's working is: Eventide Blackhole / H3000 and all GRM Tools
    what's NOT working: AVOX 4​

My AVOX 4 stopped working after my computer auto updated from 10.11.3 to 10.11.4
    My Eventide and GRM Tools are all still working after the update.

So before, 10.11.4 my AVOX 4 pack was functioning perfectly within' Ableton 9.6
    I've tried re-patching many times and I'm stuck, has anyone had this problem?

When I reference (otool -L) the .dylib file of a AVOX 4 Component I get this line:

/usr/lib/libstXX++.6.dylib (compatibility version 7.0.0, current version 7.4.0)

Obviously the compatibility version is not matching the current version.
    What can I do to fix this? Can a small update to OS X cause this? Any Ideas?

Thank you to everyone that has contributed to this thread, everyone has been a huge help. <3

3. TedzDead

TedzDead Newbie

In Mountain Lion OSX 8.5, I successfully edited the dylib in a hex editor then copied it into the usr/lib. But when I entered the redirect command (install_name_tool -change /usr/lib/libstdc++.6.dylib /usr/libstXX++.6.dylib /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/Slate\ Digital\ Virtual\ Channel.vst/Contents/MacOS/Plug) it says command not found. I tried several variations and the command does not run. Has anyone successfully used the fix in this thread on Mountain Lion and if so did you have to install X-code?

Last edited: Oct 9, 2016
  4. TedzDead

TedzDead Newbie

I'm on Mountain Lion OSX 8.5, Pro Tools 10 and I can tell you that this did NOT work for Slate VCC 1.5.2 or Softube 1.3.5 for VST's. Not sure which DAW you're using but it could be worth a try if it's something other than Pro Tools 10. The fxpansion wrapper would not load or recognize the VSTs and neither would Metaplugin. I don't know if it's because they're 64 bit and my system is 32 bit but after finally figuring out this process of adding the hex-edited dylib and successfully changing the plug-in dependence it just did not work on my system. I ended up going with an earlier version of Softube that didn't require the openssh crack. The Slate and Softube only seemed to work by completely replacing the dylib, but thats not what this thread is for...

Last edited: Oct 14, 2016
  5. Sex303

Sex303 Newbie

Someone is working with the new MacOS Sierra with all these pluguins, thanks

6. IMSER

IMSER Newbie

Hey guys, so im pretty much a noob, even though I know my way around a mac, compared to you guys I'm really nothing. But, like anybody who doesn't truely know what he is doing, i refuse to mess with my system files especially knowing how the libstdc++.6 etc... are extremely important and I care too much about my mac for it to go wrong. However, I just downloaded this pretty much "OpenSSH" hack and realized they didnt ask me to replace any of the /usr/lib files or anything else under usr, but rather the whole /opt file. Now there are dynamic library files here too and my question is pretty straightfoward : I don't really know what i'm doing, but is replacing the opt file as dangerous as messing with system files under /usr ? If there's any doubt really i'd rather not do it, but I really want these plug ins I downloaded. Thank you so much for your help in advance.

7. IMSER

IMSER Newbie

Also I understand that /opt is mainly for third party installtions, which is why I thought it would be less dangerous than changing the /usr/lib file, because it's nothing by the administrator. Am I right or wrong here? and will replacing it not mess up some other apps that I downloaded previously?

8. batnat

batnat Newbie

Hey guys!
    I have been trying every method. I followed all steps.

I dont know what Im doing wrong,
    everytime i open autotune 7 it just crash and closing again (sorry for my bad english)

I still cant drag the openssh++.6.dylib to usr/lib.. what should I do?
    Please someone reply I have been searching all day just to make this happen and Im not gonna give up just that quick.

WHat should I do?
    Is there any one can maybe do a video on youtube so I can watch????
    hope you will help a noobie..

Attached Files:

9. michaelbrac

michaelbrac Guest

can someone upload the file that is working after edit with hex editor
    it will be nice to the temp path
    thx

10. Project_AD

Project_AD Member

I have an edited Pro Tools i edited with iHex and works with all plugs..without the need to patch anything else. If anyone wants it hit me up.

11. erolz

erolz Member

+1

12. MrLyannMusic

MrLyannMusic Audiosexual

+1

13. GreatJobChamp

GreatJobChamp Producer

those were the days...

14. Project_AD

Project_AD Member

here are my 2 cents..the lib is inside the app and it is patched so it uses that libstdc..by the way its the Mavericks version so if you are using another OS just replace it with your OS version and rename it to ''libstdc.dylib'' inside the Mac OS folder. (right-click,show package content). Glad i could help. Now if anybody know how to patch Studio One 3? apparently it doesnt use that lib anymore

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7StWGaT3tcDT3g1ZF9YX3pIZTA

Remember to always backup!

15. Repelneetje

Repelneetje Newbie

Is there anyone who has things like GRM Tools, Eventide, Slate and Relab working with this method and would mind uploading them to Audioz?
    I've been trying to get this to work but just don't seem able to :(
    I'm on Sierra with Cubase...

16. Grandy

Grandy Member

did someone managed to make sonnox work in el capitan?

17. Youssef Harby

Youssef Harby Newbie

yes .... copy the dylib to th ilok folder in applications . :wink:

18. Grandy

Grandy Member

cant make it to work, everything works except sonnox. can you upload your dylib and your patched sonnox files?

19. Indigenous

Indigenous Member

Sonnox works fine btw, the problem is not the crack but os x compatibility... You just need the v5 installers

20. clown

clown Newbie

where does one download them?