USB Joystick as MIDI Controller in protools 10 hd

Discussion in 'Pro Tools' started by fadiawwad, Jan 9, 2015.

1. fadiawwad

fadiawwad Newbie

anyone out there can help me use my logitech rumblepad 2 as a midi controller in protools 10 hd (PC),, in the past i had success with my same setup using mijoy pro as an insert, but now it seems im missing something ^_^

3. korte1975

korte1975 Guest

you wanna play flight simulator in pro tools bro ?

4. zero-frag

zero-frag Producer

I think the best way to do it is through the logitech software that comes with the joystick:
    - Assign keys of your keyboard to joystick buttons
    - Then Assign those keys to Midi in your DAW

I've never done it I don't know why you'd want to do that :rofl: but that seems like the most straightforward way to do it.

5. fadiawwad

fadiawwad Newbie

I found a way to do it for all the people who want to use its joystick as a CC midi controller,

its either mijoy pro (if you figure out how it works)

or by downloading a fairly old software called Rejoice which basically converts your joystick's signal to midi, and then by using a virtual midi cable like loopMIDI you can accomplish this