Usage questions about Output Arcade - FLARE release

Discussion in 'Software' started by T-10, May 2, 2024.

1. T-10

T-10 Newbie

Hi Everyone,

I'm new here and this is my first post. I've recently installed The latest FLARE release of Arcade (2.2.0). I had a few troubles getting the utility tool to import the libraries initially but it seemed to work better once I had changed the default path of the library in the setting of Arcade itself.

In case it helps anyone else I found the following advice on one of the release pages that I followed which got it to work for me:

Some tips about importing libraries:

1. Install and crack the Arcade application.

2. Change the location of the library on the Arcade settings page. (I placed it on a dedicated external drive, such as "K:\DAW Library\Arcade Content").

3. Move the zip package of all libraries to a hard disk other than the target hard disk (for example, "E:\Arcade Library Content". Because when the import operation is performed in Utility, the Zip will be first decompressed to the same directory, and then these files Copy to the set target location, it will be very slow when the ZIP installation package is located on the mechanical hard disk).

4. When using Utility to import operation, there is no need to wait until the software displays the completion prompt before proceeding to the next import operation. You can import the installation packages one by one, and then do something else. My own experience is that a 1 GB ZIP installation package takes about 10 minutes to be fully imported..

5. The database of the imported library resources is located in the Local.db file of "C:\ProgramData\Output\Arcade" (Win) or "HD:\library\Application Support\\Arcade" (Mac).
    After importing all the libraries, the size of this file is about 32.5 MB (46 Zips). In fact, the import operation will continue to write the database into this file after the file is copied, so it is very time-consuming. You are importing In the process, you can see that the volume of this file is constantly expanding.

6. After importing all the libraries, you can back up this Local.db in case you need it. For me, I copied this file directly to another operating system, and the library was completely imported without re-importing.

===========

Now that all the Lines are imported I have a few basic questions on how to use it.

1) When opening it says "you are offline" and gives you an option to reconnect. I assume the intention is that you use it in the offline mode permanently?

2) It says you can go to your downloaded stuff when offline, but nothing appears under the "your stuff" section under Sampler kits / Note Kits / Samples tabs. Things do appear when using the "search" section under the Sampler kits / Note Kits / Samples tabs. I assume the intention is to use the options here in the search section?

3) In the Sampler Kit / Note kit tabs, there are lots of picture tiles from each of the libraries (or lines). Most are in order but I have a bunch at the start that are not with the rest of the same libraries for some reason.
    What is the best way to work with the long list of tiles? I see you can search with text in the search box. Is it possible to filter the list in any way to show all presets in a list format, or by only seeing presets from a specific library? For example If I want drums, filter to only see drum related stuff?

4) What are the differences in functionality between this and the Legit version? What are the trade-offs?

At the moment, I'm Just trying to get an initial understanding of the best and most efficient workflow with this release, and would be grateful for any feedback from anyone who is using it effectively (and if you took any steps other than just importing the libraries as explained in the release).

Thanks,
    T-10

Last edited: May 3, 2024