Uploading Songs with (unlicensed)Multitracks on youtube. What are your experiance ?

Discussion in 'Internet for Musician' started by van.burg, Mar 4, 2024.

1. van.burg

van.burg Noisemaker

Hi Guys,

I wonder if anyone has experience with uploading Songs with (unlicensed) Multitracks (steams) on youtube.

I made a remix with unlicensed Multitracks from a popular music group of the 70`s.

Many Songs on YT are illegal remixes but not been taking down due to copyright, other YT say, that if they only played a few secounds of a song, there video had been taken down.

What are your experiance ?

Cheers

3. Benno de Bruin

Benno de Bruin Kapellmeister

It depends on who has the rights. Some songs with unlicensed content will be removed, others won't but can't be monetized, some unlicensed content won't be detected, some isn't Content ID'ed.

4. m.sarti

m.sarti Producer

What you're referring to is a "derivative work," which legally warrants and requires obtaining licenses from the composer and the owner of the copyrighted recordings.

Lots of jerks get away with posting music by other people with non-"disclaimers" such as "I do not own this," or, "Copyright infringement not intended." YouTube's bots can't catch everything, and its employees are apparently too lazy to scan for those statements.

5. Audioguydaz

Audioguydaz Kapellmeister

If your rip off starts doing numbers then it'll get noticed.