Uploaded vs. Katfile - our new primary filehoster

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by ThugLife, Jan 26, 2022.

?

Uploaded or Katfile - which one was the better choice?

1. Uploaded (as it used to be)

2. Katfile (as it is right now)

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. ThugLife

ThugLife Platinum Record

Hello everyone,

I really tried to silently Adapt to the New Situation but finally i need to make a statement to this.

Well I understand, something had to be done. As a long time uploaded premium User, I was also annoyed by the Server problems they had within the last Couple months. But now that we've had Katfile as the New primary hoster for a while, we can decide if it changed anything for the better or not.
    And i think it didn't.

First, I think it was really badly executed. We should at least have been given the Chance to use our remaining ul premium Accounts for one more month. I Made a new account around xmas and a few days later ul completely vanished from the sister site.
    For me one of the Most important factors is, that I need to use paysafe. There is no way around.
    I know for a fact that back then rapidgator had paysafe integrated and one month was 15€ (uploaded is 10 by the way). So I went and bought a 15€ paysafe card. I tried to make a rg account and was redirected to Some Kind of reseller Page asking me to pay 25€ now instead of 15 just for using paysafe as payment method. Guess what... i'm out, rg is not the Solution for me :(. Tried it with Katfile. Katfile doesnt even acceot paysafe. Alright. So now I cant use paysafe for any of the primary filehosters. Well, so I decided to go With real debrid like many Users do now, because they offer paysafe payment.
    Now I have 2 paid premium accounts (ul and real debrid) and now have a look at the Hollywood choirs release (the comments). See how many problems people have with corrupted files. I cant download it via uploaded and i cant get it to work with rd. So now I need to make a 3rd premium acc via linksnappy to get this to work. Just look at how many people have problems with it now.
    Sorry but this can not be the ultimate solution.
    We need to be honest to ourselves. It was worth trying but it just changed everything for the worst.
    And on top of all that, it seems like uploaded tackled the problem and solved it. For the last 300gb i was able to flawlessly download everything I tried.

I could write a lot more but let's stick with that for now.

Please @SAiNT reconsider your decision and give us uploaded back. It was worth trying but it didnt change anything for the better.

By the way I Wasnt sure where to post this, so if its the wrong place, please forgive me

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  3. Nick Sick

Nick Sick Noisemaker

Even though I’m unaware of the administration or the logistical reason behind the switch to Katfile, I do know that they aren’t officially supported by real-debrid which is a shame. I now solely rely on UL for my downloads which is fine but I’m really not sure if Katfile was the right choice here.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. holdup13

holdup13 Kapellmeister

Neither.

Uploaded means extra work for uploaders because it very often removes files for violation of ToS, DMCA requests and whatnot.

Katfile is easier for uploaders but, in all honesty, quite unfair to the downloader. Their premium is expensive and if you didn't know this, they also have an Anti-Debrid tool on their website (registered users) that generates links which, if downloaded through Debrid services, it will automatically ban their KF premium accounts. The latter may explain why some debrid services behave erratically when trying to download KF files. Interesting.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  5. naitguy

naitguy Audiosexual

I didn't vote because it doesn't really matter to me. I use Linksnappy, which supports both just fine. I think uploaded is a bit faster for me, though.

6. anon69

anon69 Producer

HINT: They both suck

Rapidgator has been kind for me.

7. Couldn't agree with 'ThugLife more. I particularly hear you when it came to execution and allowing for an additional month (or maybe even two!!) for people to continue to use the debrid accounts they've already paid for, while having some time to sort out what they would need if they intend to go along with the new required uploader hosting options. This is where you're really seeing a problem now on the sister site, since the debrid services used by many seem to frequently have a problem with rapidgator and many of them don't even have katfile as an option. And since linksnappy, which I assume is what they're trying to push people to over there, costs several times what most of the debrid services cost, it's a bit much to have expected everyone to just jump ship on what they currently have and immediately move over to linksnappy.

So, as ThugLife says, execution wasn't very good if the concern was the people downloading stuff. Alternatively, execution was quite excellent if the only real concern was the benefits of this new arrangement to the uploaders and the sister site.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. Olymoon

Olymoon MODERATOR Staff Member

It all depend of how much your privacy counts, If you don't mind about privacy, uploaded may be your choice.
    Also if you don't mind about posters stopping posting uploaded may be your choice
    If you don't mind having problem downloading, uploaded maybe your choice.

Seriously, the choice is not between uploaded and another file hosting service. Uploaded is finished.

They have big security problems, their ftp is no more secure.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Interesting Interesting x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  9. hani king

hani king Platinum Record

on the long run ,all members here must have already subscribed or bought uploaded account or rapidgator as single
    or use multihosters like real-debrid/linksnappy to download

(i do use both for and both is not a trouble for uploaded.to ..however linksnappy support katfile but download speed vary (depends)

and by the way lately i found links from rapidgator/uploaded generated by linksnappy are slower and have issue
    (something like files not found ,or corrupted files when extracted /files stops at 99.99% ) ,their support are great but cant help
    but to get more free days to keep you with them and happy as when shit hit the fan with rapidgator they tried to compensate the users
    from time to time as they dont wanna lose costumers (i ve been with them for 2 years and last month i stopped the auto renewal
    and decided to go back to real debrid (the speed on rapidgator and uploaded is amazing after the link been generated )

real-debrid dont have katfile but they do have rapidgator so i ll be fine here

10. ThugLife

ThugLife Platinum Record

Thank you for your reply.

Well privacy means a lot to me when it Comes to filehosters and Stuff from the sister site and elsewhere.
    That's why I rely on a hoster offering payment via paysafe. I honestly don't see the big privacy Bonus that Comes with a filehoster which is not letting me choose an anonymous payment method.

I just tried to make this thread suitable for anybody round here having problems with the New hosters. For me personally its more about the ability to pay via paysafe as well as i'm missing some Features that come with uploaded.net and maybe the price policy.
    It's not only about ul. I just wanted to point out that the Situation now is worse than before and it seems like thats not only my opinion.
    We could at least have been asked for suggestions. Almost nobody is happy with katfile. Well people are still happy with rg and i'd be aight with rg too if I could still buy my premium account with paysafe for 15 bucks a month.
    But a hoster which once had paysafe normally integrated and offering it for the same price as any other payment method and then switching to a third Party reseller, now making me have to pay Almost Double the price just for that payment method feels Almost like scam to me.
    1 month ul with paysafe = 10€
    1 month rg with paysafe = 25€ (used to be 15 and still is 15 with other payment methods)
    So With rg i pay 10 additional € for my privacy.

But again its Not about me alone. It's about all the Users that have hard time now and have to make Several Accounts with different filehosters, just to get their hands on all the Stuff, we could get our hands on without all the fuss.

It does not have to be uploaded but let's find a suitable Solution that makes everyone happy. Because the recent one obviously doesnt

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  11. pratyahara

pratyahara Rock Star

Katfile almost does not exist on leeching services. And it does not support some countries too.
    For people in poor countries premiums accounts are too expensive, and so is Linksnappy, to whom sister site seems to be trying to push us.
    If Uploaded is 'finished', whatever for is this poll?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  12. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Audiosexual

Doesnt really matter for me too. UL seems faster for me too.

In free mode UL supports two files with a little trick and is 20kb/s faster than RG for me. Like i wrote 1,5-2GB files take around 2-3h. Usually use it to download movies that way - i cant find somewhere else.

KF upload is way slower than UL ones. On the other hand KF maybe pays better than UL? KF DMCAing seems way more inefficient, which is good for us.

I will offer as long as i can UL, RG and KF for my uploads.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  13. SAiNT

SAiNT Creator Staff Member phonometrograph

we will definitely not move back to uploaded, the only alternative is NitroFlare.

• Like Like x 3
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  14. boogiewoogie

boogiewoogie Platinum Record

Katfile is useless, and Nitroflare also. Anything that doesn’t work on Real Debrid.

DDownload would be a good alternative that does work.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  15. ThugLife

ThugLife Platinum Record

Which is another hoster who does not offer payment via paysafe. Well guess that means that the times to load big libraries are finally over for me.
    At the end of the Day it's your Page, your decision. But I think its sad to see that even though more than 80% are not satisfied with the decision made, no one even considers taking Action. That and the fact that we've never been asked which hoster we'd prefer speaks for itself.

Thank you for your answers.

You can close the thread then, if you want to.

@pratyahara i made the poll before this statement was made. First i just wrote the original post, when I saw the Option to make a poll and thought it would be a good Chance for everybody to represent their opinion. Well you're right, useless, given the fact that it won't change a thing.

16. pratyahara

pratyahara Rock Star

Uploaded is not quite dead, because the major sister site's 'mirroring' sites still use it.

17. Deceptive

Deceptive Audiosexual

massive download problems despite premium account with uploaded ... i downloaded maybe 1-2 gigs a week and still i got the message that i didn't have enough traffic.

support not responding . Wrote several times, but no answer
    really junk.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2022
  18. HammerTiMe

HammerTiMe Producer

Frankly, I have been a premium user with deepbrid for years, and for at least 7 months it was impossible to download from uploaded.net, it was truly a disaster. My problems are permanently gone with a rapidgator premium account

19. Gyorgy Ligeti

Gyorgy Ligeti Platinum Record

@SAiNT your "phonometrograph" wording on your profile is truly beautiful. How can I also have it on my profile?

20. BuntyMcCunty

BuntyMcCunty Rock Star

Nitroflare is the worst of all possible outcomes.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  21. skeltoid

skeltoid Kapellmeister

I have had rapidgator for years but will only buy in 6 month blocks.
    $50 USD so less than 10 bucks a month and usually it will download a gigabyte in 5-10 seconds.
    It has only been down once for half a day and was slow twice in the 3 years I have had it.
    I have found everything I would ever want to download on the internet on sites that use it.

I am not worried about privacy but if you are you can make an itunes or google play account, load it with gift card, install their app and make it premium.
    I do not know about the uploading content side of things.