Uploaded.net Terminates Accounts of Persistent Pirates

Discussion in 'Internet for Musician' started by MrAnonymous, Apr 13, 2017.

1. MrAnonymous

MrAnonymous Producer

Popular file-hosting service Uploaded.net terminated the accounts of many users this week, citing frequent copyright infringements. The account holders in question, many of which used the site to generate revenue, are no longer able to share their files and are actively looking for alternatives.

[​IMG]
    With millions of visitors per month, Uploaded is one of the largest file-hosting services on the Internet.

Like many of its ‘cloud-hosting’ competitors, the service is also used to share copyright-infringing material, which is a thorn in the side of various copyright holder groups.

This has already led to legal trouble for Uploaded’s parent company Cyando AG, which is currently involved in a legal battle with copyright holders in Germany.

The rightsholders believe that Uploaded is not doing enough to prevent repeat infringements and argue that the company should therefore be held liable for the infringing actions of its users.

While Uploaded hasn’t commented on the accusations out of court, recent developments show that something has definitely changed behind the scenes.

This week, Uploaded terminated the accounts of a large group of users who presumably used the site to share infringing material. The German news outlet Tarnkappe suggests that this is likely a direct response to the legal proceedings.

On several forums, including WJunction, users are reporting that their accounts have been permanently suspended by the file-hosting service.

“Due to the high frequency of reported copyright notifications and evaluation of our compliance department, we regret to inform you that – according to our Terms and Conditions – your account with ID ***, was deactivated,” the message sent by uploaded reads.

Those who login to their account will see a similar notice, confirming that their account has been suspended. “This account has been permanently suspended due to violations of the Terms and Conditions,” it reads.

Suspended…

[​IMG]

While Uploaded has terminated accounts for similar reasons in the past, the number of complaints this week is unusual. Some even suggest that the site may not be around for much longer.

“So all our accounts are banned on the same day? I think very soon they will close the site!” one uploader wrote.

For now there is no indication that Uploaded is shutting down anytime soon. However, the recent terminations suggest that the site is getting tougher on users whose files are frequently flagged by rightholders.

The suspensions will mostly impact people who upload and share many pirated files on the site, often for profit. This is also the group of users copyright holders are most concerned about.

Uploaded’s actions are reminiscent of Rapidshare, which also took measures to ban frequent copyright infringers from its service. The company adopted one of the most restrictive sharing policies, but had to shut down after a while, as the company became less profitable.

TorrentFreak reached out to Uploaded to find out more about the apparent suspension spree, but we have yet to hear back from the company. The affected users, meanwhile, are looking for alternatives to share their files.

Source: https://torrentfreak.com/uploaded-net-terminates-accounts-of-persistent-pirates-170412/

• Interesting Interesting x 3
    • List
  3. celtic3342

celtic3342 Audiosexual

I´ll be so happy if Uploaded close the door. Tired of dowloading at 100 Mb when I have 350 Mb and the inexistent technical service who don´t reply to the questions you ask.

There are more servers.

4. Willum

Willum Rock Star

Dont like it, go somewhere else, i'm perfectly happy with uploaded, never had a problem with them.

Poor you, only downloading at 100Mb, it must be terrible for you having to wait the extra couple of minutes for your warez.

There wont be for much longer the way things are going.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  5. celtic3342

celtic3342 Audiosexual

Poor your FCKNG mother Willum. Go to have your medication children.

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. TheUnderground

TheUnderground Noisemaker

yupp ulo.to bybyby ;( a lot of users are out now from ulo!

Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
  7. Kwissbeats

Kwissbeats Audiosexual

wrong, "where there is demand there will be supply"

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. Sylenth.Will.Fall

Sylenth.Will.Fall Audiosexual

Uploaded.net Terminates Accounts of Persistent Pirates

I probably chose the wrong id 'Long.John.Silver' then!!!!!

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  9. fraifikmushi

fraifikmushi Guest

oh man I have been with them for years now, never had a single problem...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

if UL goes down, who can replace them?
    iam happy with uploaded too, i use them since 2008 regularly, well at the time RS died.
    never had any problems with them, their support is nice and helpful.
    well RG is still widely used, i see also share-online a lot. but there arent any major cyberlockers left which are global used like UL is.

11. Swiss Made

Swiss Made Member

UL also worked perfectly for me for years, and on the only occasion I had an issue, they answered by phone, solved the problem and gave me a free month. OK, they are in Switzerland, but I'm not biased by this :winker:

@ celtic3342
    I don't know what kind of medication you think Willum must take, apparently based on your own experience, but you should definitely call back your psychiatrist, the anger management protocol he gave you isn't working well.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
  12. flyingsleeves

flyingsleeves Platinum Record

Anybody remember the good ole days of Filesonic? :guru:

13. Moogerfooger

Moogerfooger Audiosexual

I've had multiple instances of UL prematuraly limiting my bandwidth. Every time I would contact CS they would give me a bullshit response. UL are a bunch of pirates themselves and I hope they're go down with the ship.

14. Remmah

Remmah Member

Oh yes :yes: and hotfile lol :)

15. SAiNT

SAiNT Creator Staff Member phonometrograph

same here.
    the only real alternative is NitroFlare, which i totally dislike :sad:

16. Diabulus in Musica

Diabulus in Musica Platinum Record

Yep, NitroFlare isn't supported by debriders :sad:

17. yabiss

yabiss Platinum Record

This is one bad move for UL despite the fact you like it or not. It will push warez uploaders to reach out for more friendly skies.
    Do they seriously think they could be in business with regular lawful uploaders? We all have seen what have happened to other famous hosts. I just have been informed about renewing my UL subscription. I think i'll wait before doing so.

18. midi-man

midi-man Audiosexual

I have been with them for 3 yrs and I am happy also, so far.

19. savadious

savadious Ultrasonic

Dont be such a Moogerfooger :rofl:
    sry I could not resist HHAHAHAHa on a serious NOTE ...

This is a good point. People wish harm to sites .. and if that wish does come true.. and a ball starts rolling - soon there will be no sites left to use and internet freedoms become a thing of the past:guru:

20. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

NF is terrible, well we should sit and wait UL, seems to really take this serious now. maybe they can get out there and remain working/operative.

21. gatus

gatus Kapellmeister

NitroFlare sucks .........isn't supported by debriders:dont: