Uploaded.net 3 Month Coupon Contest

Discussion in 'UL.to Coupons' started by Catalyst, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

[​IMG]
    Thanks to a generous donation from olson h. who was really excited at the opportunity to support the forums, we are having this contest. Only members that are really involved with AudioSex can apply for it and you also must have a minimum of 150 posts. So what is required of you? You agree to provide quality information for one of our new Genre Specific Production sections so there is Electronic, Film/Video Game Scoring, Industrial and Rap to choose from. Anyone offering to do this in the Industrial section will be given priority and I'll even consider you for the prize if you have less than 150 posts. You will be required to open in-depth topics where you share some knowledge and they can be on anything from composition, arrangement, theory, synthesis, tips, tricks, techniques, etc. Emphasis on quality over quantity and obviously you should have been doing this for a while so that you actually have some knowledge to impart. This doesn't have to all be done in one day, you have time so that it can work around your schedule. You should be interested in doing it, it shouldn't be just something to check off of your list. You get a 3 month coupon right now and we get more information for everyone in the future, seems like a fair deal to me. *yes*

3. ( . ) ( . )

( . ) ( . ) Audiosexual

Good on ya Olson :)

I'm pretty sure someone deserving will be interested :D

4. ghostinthemachine

ghostinthemachine Newbie

5. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Nice! I knew I could count on you brother. I'll leave this open for a little and we'll see if there are any other takers to be fair but I'd be more than happy to give the coupon to you and I know you would provide quality content for everyone. *yes* :mates:

6. olson

olson Member

yeah!

7. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Is it just me or is that image down? If so how the hell does an image go down like 2 seconds after you post it? I had a perfect image of a mic and the words contest, now I have to hunt for another one. Warning: Copyrighted image being used in forum without authorization...terminate...terminate. :rofl:

8. ghostinthemachine

ghostinthemachine Newbie

I like the idea but I think most people are afraid of the commitment factor for a 3 month coupon. Let's hope more people come through, if not we can just pick a number? :dunno:

9. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

It doesn't have to be anything crazy, I'm not asking for a dissertation here. Like for example Alraun wanted to share a tutorial on making awesome drones and it wasn't even for a coupon, he just wanted to share. Fuad constantly goes around and makes an in-depth analysis of the topic and shares much knowledge. Then there's frito who was just talking to me today about how he wants to post some of his tips and techniques in AudioSex Academy. And here it's like you get to do that anyway but with a more of a focus because you have to start genre specific topics and as a reward you get a 3 month coupon. Shit I do that everyday for free 7 days a week and I have yet to ever take a coupon. I just thought it would be a good way to get the ball rolling on our new sections. If nobody else posts why would we pick numbers, I'd just give it to you. :mates:

10. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Think about it this way: a 3 month Uploaded.net subscription goes for 24.99 Euros or 33.79 dollars. A video from Dance Music Production runs about 35.85 euros or 48.44 dollars and the videos usually clock in at around 6 hours of a detailed video walkthrough on tips, techniques and theory with Rick Snoman. Now let's factor in the fact that the person posting here is not Rick Snoman, they probably don't have his skills and aren't doing NEAR the amount of work that guy puts in preparing and running through 6 hours of material on video, the winner just has to open a few in-depth genre topics from the comfort of a relaxed friendly forum environment. And with that coupon this person will undoubtedly get tons of software that costs a lot of money. It's all a matter of perspective isn't it? On a side note I'd just like to say that I think we should also support Dance Music Production and buy at least one or two of their videos if we can afford it. The guy does a good job and deserves our business. *yes*

11. Gulliver

Gulliver Member

Hm shame, I'm no expert in any of the genres you mentioned :(

(Don't understand why we don't have forums for more common genres, like pop and rock.)

That being said, I have written a nice article on compression (mostly for newbies, but not necessarily only), which I wanted to post here. That would of corse apply to all genres, but not to one specifically.

12. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

We rolled out a few for starters as a test pilot to see if they will take off, if they will I promise you that I will get other genres in here as well. Electronic was because this is a majority of what people are into and spans multiple genres, The Film/Video Game section was requested by a lot of composers here, the Industrial section was born out of my frustration with useful information online on the subject and the desire a bunch of us had to get into producing the genre and Rap to round it out a little. I just didn't want to pull SAiNT of his important work to start making a list of a million genres and then have them sit empty, it doesn't look good for the forums like that.

13. ghostinthemachine

ghostinthemachine Newbie

Here's a little advice from an amateur strategist/marketing wizard lol. Hope you don't get offended by it mate. The whole point of this is to get the new production area going right? I think you can achieve quicker results if you make the genres a little more mainstream in the beginning. Don't get me wrong, I like that the selection you provided is on the whole other side of pop as much as the next guy. But I can guarantee you that for every film score head here there are about 5 more, Gulliver included, pop dudes that would enjoy having a pop production tips and tricks thing going. Thats not to say that the film score guys aren't important here, my point is that you should knock out what you know is already there for you. Also if it was up to me I would make the starting genres Pop, Rap/HipHop, Rock, Electronic, and Classical because a lot of different sub genres can be placed underneath them. Which means that people into the art of certain sub genres will naturally gravitate to their respective main genre area. Take a Rap/HipHop section for example, having that section will mean everything from MF Doom to Kendrick Lamar to Ghettoyboys can logically go on at once without any one feeling left out. I feel that the other genres I mentioned have that same pull. I think going about it that way would make it fairer and easier ("Easy" is always a plus) on the 6000+ members we have here. The production section would practically fill itself in my honest wizard opinion. :bow:

14. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

My point in making them not mainstream is every forum in the world has mainstream sections but these are more unique yet still cater to the mainstream as well. In case you haven't noticed I like to break the mold. :wink:

And congratulations you're the winner, you should log-in to your Uploaded.net account and activate the coupon IMMEDIATELY after you get it.

CONGRATULATIONS TO GHOSTINTHEMACHINE!!!

15. ghostinthemachine

ghostinthemachine Newbie

Thank you Catalyst and Olson! :break:

16. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Enjoy ghost and much love to olson for making this possible. :bow:

17. ghostinthemachine

ghostinthemachine Newbie

I completely respect that, mate. :mates:

18. Gulliver

Gulliver Member

Congrats, ghost :bow:

But where is your article?
    I can't see it in the sections. :dunno:

19. ghostinthemachine

ghostinthemachine Newbie

My article will be in a form of something else. You'll see it and are highly encouraged to participate. :wink:

20. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

The winner isn't required to post something immediately, they just agree to open some in-depth genre topics sometime in the future.

21. GanjaRa_

GanjaRa_ Newbie

hmm, minimum of 150 posts

but quantity doenst say anything about quality..
    some have only a few, but very helpful, some might have a lot posts cos commenting every *beeeep* with only *beeeep* :)