Upgrading to window 10

Discussion in 'PC' started by james123, May 14, 2016.

1. Aliens

Aliens Guest

I didn't say it was contradictory, I was just having a mini loltrol, but yeah, It's not unreasonable this bloke jasmine could be a programmer and a multi media artist at the same time. Just like he said he's from Belgium but states his location as the Bahamas. lol
    Whether the guy who 'stretched the truth' about how he got Cubase, obfuscated when asked to provide details to prove it, and has to pretend he's a woman on a forum is to have their words trusted, well, that's a decision only we as individuals can make.

Personally I know which side of the fence I'm on :like:

It's not worth getting bent out of shape over as in the real world it means nothing, except maybe I'm more cynical and less gullible than others.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2016
  2. jeffglobal

jeffglobal Producer

I wasn't tracking his/her prior comments, so I missed the flakiness, and though I seem more serious to others than I take myself, all I want to say is: I was looking at Jasmine's Avatar's eyes the whole time, honest.

Oh crap, for some reason I conflated Belgium and the Netherlands, (I had to google them) cause I consider either's behavior completely wacky when it comes to how they handle invasions of their countries by foreign military-aged males and those males use of the domestic females as chattel. Targeting "Banu al-Asfar" [children of yellow (reference to blonde hair)] is millenia old my dear EU'ers.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2016
  3. Jasmine

Jasmine Producer

jeff@ You are under 30.

4. lerkjurk

lerkjurk Platinum Record

like other say it is WDM who use that here?? make poll lets learn who many

look at the pictures of that page they compare old hd to ssd and different ram even

in practice users who make benchmark use same stuff to benchmark

do not pay attention to the false infos- simply pay for new system from them

Blue screen of death? i think you have problems in your 7 system that you fix by installing fresh os, not because 10 is better lol

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  5. Ankit

Ankit Guest

Do you really think I am too fool that I didnt knew that ?

I am not saying windows 10 is better. It's upto you how you manage and optimize your system. I am good at it. Windows 10 works for me. I can make it work better than seven on my both machines. But for all of you, I'll recommend you guys sticking to seven.

6. Andrew

Andrew AudioSEX Maestro Staff Member

Sorry but I have to disagree here.
    The main reason XP met their demise, is because 64bit version of it never really took off and hitting the 4GB cap was fairly easy even then.
    Win7 however started as a native 64bit system, and took off perfectly. It's currently the most compatible Windows available today. Furthermore, Win7 shares kernel extensions with Win8 core.
    Thus it'll take considerably more effort to force it into obsolence.

7. Zenarcist

Zenarcist Audiosexual

Windows 10 was working fantastically well for me too .. until I suddenly started getting BSOD, audio dropouts, Wi-Fi problems, deleted apps, program freezes and crashes.

Hell, Windows 11 can't come soon enough, it will be the best! :bleh:

Last edited: Jun 6, 2016
  8. Qrchack

Qrchack Rock Star

For me it was the ogre-looking huge start menu that was a pain in the butt to use (with no freaking search!). Also Aero Snap. And boot times. x64 wasn't really the thing back when 7 just came out, everybody who upgraded was on 7 x86 anyway

9. Ankit

Ankit Guest

There is a windows xp x64 version, but it has it's own limitations.:yes:

10. Ankit

Ankit Guest

I never said I liked Win8/8.1 or vista.
    I can understand you all. It's difficult to get used to a new environment. Why even upgrade if you already have a good working environment. :wink:

11. jynx

jynx Platinum Record

Loads of different opinions....My personal is That im sticking with win 7..
    Apart from many others i know with similar setups advising me to stick with 7 Over windows 10 for musicproduction....
    I do think its a little suspect of microsoft trying to kinda "badger" users into a free upgrade...

Despite that im not ignorant and did do some homework before sticking with win 7 and disabling the updater .....
    This isnt to say of course that win 10 doesnt work flawlessly for alot of people too and may be a better choice in those circumstances....But not for me...

12. Ankit

Ankit Guest

Yes, it's very important to disable updater if you use windows 7 because of some forced updates which microsoft is throwing on their users.
    And for clean install, do not download any latest windows 7 distribution which includes all the updates.

13. jynx

jynx Platinum Record

Yeah thats what i meant about feeling forced,coz after i had to run explorer for a second , i got smacked in the face afterwards every 2 mins or so with the update offer.....I very nearly did it too mann......Luckily i did some homework first he he.....And cheers for the install info....

14. Zenarcist

Zenarcist Audiosexual

I can absolutely verify that Win 10 does work flawlessly and appears to be an improvement over Win 7 when first installed .. that is until it stops working flawlessly, at which point you may have a different opinion :wink: Basically you are playing Russian Roulette with the incredibly frequent Win 10 updates that MS keep pushing out.

For audio production, my advise would be to use an optimized version of Win 7 offline until further notice.

15. Soft_Ice

Soft_Ice Ultrasonic

Windows X may very well be a slightly superior, faster, lighter version of the NT kernel, compared to say win 7/8 (gui and ux issues not withstanding), but that is not the issue.

If you go with win x now, you will be backing a losing horse.

For those of you that have stopped all updates, well done, but did you know that microsoft is still secretly updating your machine even with updates turned off? You need 3rd party programs such as Never10 to truly stop it. Microsoft can not be trusted, they are resorting to increasing aggressive and illegal practices (the x button that usually closes a window, gives implicit instruction for the code to execute the update - against microsoft's very own api programming guidelines - they have broken their own standards to do this).

AS the time gets closer to Aug 1st, they will pull out every dirty trick in the book. Don't just stop updates, unplug your machine from the net, now.

The world is going to be divided into two camps pretty soon - Those that fell for win x and those that realised it just wasn't worth it.

I'm looking very hard at linux now. Those devs that support it will get my money from now on. We are going to see a lot of casualties from this, starting next year and getting progressively worse (I'm talking devs as well).

This isn't about operating systems any more, it's about politics. Expect a lot of FUD as has already been displayed by microsoft with them blackmailing users already that they will get a nasty ransomware unless the update to x now - win 8 and below can not be protected apparently. So upgrade or lose all your work.

Classy. Is this an organisation you want to be part of, to give money to? One that overtly blackmails you into upgrading your Os?

Nice little Os you got there, some lovely work too, would be a shame if anything happened to it...

16. Qrchack

Qrchack Rock Star

Lol. So what? Stick to XP if you're still biased and let people enjoy Windows 10. Btw, why aren't you running Amiga with ProTracker so you're safe? Oh yes, because Windows is better. So stop whining. "Microsoft can not be trusted". Yes, that's why everyone should use Microsoft Windows 7, great! Or let's make everyone switch to the Linux land of missing drivers, random kernel panics and editing config files, this is gonna be even better!

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  17. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

Yeah you're right, stick to your spying SERVICE that you subscribed to by getting Windows 10. Very smart move, you're obviously a genius.
    Serious people will go on working with their proper OS, windows 7.

18. Zenarcist

Zenarcist Audiosexual

Hiya Bill, how's Melinda doing these days? :)

19. Zenarcist

Zenarcist Audiosexual

Thing is Windows 10 will go further away from being a great OS as time goes by. They have already tested their application deleting code on my machine, so expect lots of fun and games ahead after they have tricked everybody into joining the party :wink:

Last edited: Jun 8, 2016
  20. LoveKavi

LoveKavi Kapellmeister

I've had 0 problems with Windows 10 since moving to it. Nothing at all. I'm on a PC I built that's about 4/5 years old too. I've been on 10 for about 6 months... No problems at all.

If you are worried about the trust issues with Windows 10... honestly, if you got nothing to hide, there shouldn't be a problem anyways. Again I've never had a problem no matter what i do with my PC with Windows 10.