Upgrading from El Cap to High Sierra, Compatibility Listing

Discussion in 'Mac / Hackintosh' started by Rockdaset, Jan 6, 2018.

1. Rockdaset

Rockdaset Newbie

Hello Everyone! If you have any insight into upgrading from El Capitan to High Sierra I would appreciate your knowledge as I have researched the majority of my software, plugins etc to ensure compatibility. However I did not find too many support articles online so please contribute!

I am a bit nervous to pull the trigger.

3. freefeet12

freefeet12 Rock Star

I don't have any insight/experience to share regarding High Sierra, but I would clone the drive in question and try it on that first, either or, you'll have a back up.

Personally, I'm staying on El Capitan till I'm forced to leave it. Good Luck!

4. bluetoy69

bluetoy69 Member

i have recently updated from Yosemite to High Sierra; almost everything is working fine, Logic, tons of plugz including Openssh. Anyway clone drive is always a good option.

5. inusable

inusable Producer

Recently (last week)

1. I saved all my macbook pro to my time machine. It's the first thing to do.

2. I tried to upgrade from El Capitan (last version) to High Sierra (last version) = many audio problems, I almost became crazy.

3. After many research and uninstalling many programs, I finally gave up and reinjected my time machine and back to El Capitan.

4. The day after, I finally decided to try to upgrade from El Capitan to Sierra (last version). All is running perfectly well and now I have the last versions of Logic and Final Cut running. All my audio plugins are perfectly running. And my computer has gained a lot of speed, almost like I installed the new system from scratch.

Where you can find Sierra :
    https://itunes.apple.com/fr/app/macos-sierra/id1127487414?ls=1&mt=12

6. mmmmusic

mmmmusic Newbie

Did you have to reinstall all the plugins that you had? Or was it just as simple as running the installer and finding your old plugins still there?

I imagine you would have to do the openssh trick