Upgrading CPU

Discussion in 'PC' started by Mostwest, Aug 10, 2015.

1. Mostwest

Mostwest Platinum Record

First of all i wanna apologize with you if my comment wasn't that clear, i didn't want to offend anyone since i created this thread to receive some help from experienced users. I'm already thankful to you guys for all the great advices.

Second, I wasn't talking particular at you for the overclock thing. I was just pointing that i've read a lot of comments about it even if i don't need it. And also i will clarify for the "get the best you can" part. For now i won't get the best because i don't have 3.000 € to invest on a Intel Xeon CPU (wich is the best). The i7 4970k is the best when it comes the ratio between power and cost there isn't any other better cpu under 500 €. That's why for me "the best" i can get for now.

The main point of the all thread is wich cheap hardware/configuration do i need to have a working i7 4970k. It's not true that i'm not listening to advices: I guy pointed out that some ram config could not work as i expected so i listen to him and decided no to buy the single ddr3 8 gb of ram. I asked for the mobo dimension and another guy told me that the model i was looking for doesn't fit on my case, so i changed my opinion to get what i really need to get the all system working. As already stated i'm thankful for any help.

2. Atick

Atick Member

They're pretty good overall, I did have a few teething problems which they helped with (an rtb 2 days before christmas!) but they do have a really good tech support and the guys know their stuff.
    As far as being optimised for music they did say that they had a made a few tweaks but I'm guessing it's just the normal stuff,saying that it does run really well and I've never maxed it out with a project.
    It's not completely silent (really really quiet) but it's a massive improvement on my laptop where you could hear the fan through headphones.

hope this helps