Upgrade to Nuendo 11 is 40% off atm..... I did!

Discussion in 'Studio' started by phloopy, Jun 14, 2021.

1. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

The other day I took a redical dessision.

Should I update Cubase 10.5 to 11 or should I bite the bullet and upgrade to Nuendo 11.... more expensive buy but not insane because Steinberg has a 40% off going on atm.

I desided to go Nuendo because it seems to be more stabel and has a huge ammount of facilities (for sound design, ambisonics etc) that are pretty handsome as I´ve started doing a lot of experimental recordings in the field and use more and more time editing for sounddesign.

For you that might consider Nuendo.... here´s the
    COMPARE NUENDO AND CUBASE

https://new.steinberg.net/nuendo/compare-editions/

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Hi phloopy, Nuendo is more intended for TV and film. Also for friends of "surround mixes".
    Steinberg regularly has cheap updates, whereby every user asks himself what the added value is.
    Which uses more - Nuendo or Cubase. If you work with Cubase and not for the film industry, I would update Cubase.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2021
  4. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

I see Nuendo more like Cubase++ with extra opportunities added for future challenges.

5. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

I see it like you do, but I also look at the price. Steinberg - Cubase Pro 11 - 489 EUR // Steinberg - Nuendo 11 - 599 EUR
    If you can or want to spend more, you get more with "Nuendo" than Cubase. You can of course become a good sound designer without Nuendo. I think how you of course invented the Nuendo wick great plugings that are of course waiting to be used.

6. odod

odod Rock Star

same question, i am kinda bored with Cubase, 2019 it was 50% crossgrade now only 40% :(

7. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Audiosexual

the main question is, will steinberg come around with a subscription model or will everything stay the same without the dongle?

I mean if you upgrade the sub for nuendo could be a bit more pricey per month?

The question is also how narrow and important are the eatra features of nuendo compared to cubase? Do you really need the extra features?

8. Domo

Domo Guest

My Cubase 10.5 Box is rotting in my desk since ages, i would never update to Nuendo or buy any other Steinberg product again.
    I have problems with 4k and many other things in cubase...in addition Cubase looks aged...
    Studio One is the only DAW i can use currently without permanent frustration...
    And even Studio One has its flaws...

9. Bandit

Bandit Producer

I love Cubase :guru: hehehe

10. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

Being bored with Cubase is a pain if you bought it..... bored.... why :dunno::woot:?

1: basically spectulations - so far Steinberg hasn´t any subscription model..... if you´re affraid of such issues my best advise will be: keep from buy anything for ever.... keep using "cracked" stuff :yes:
    2: I guess I´ve already explained why I desided to go Nuendo.

-Cubase 10,5 is actually pretty new so saying "rotting in my disc since ages" is what I call an exaggeration.
    -If you think Cubase looks aged I wonder why you use StudioOne.... they look pretty much the same :yes:
    -I have StudioOne myself and as you say it has its flaws and I agree.

So far Nuendo works great. Im sure its a good choice.

11. Domo

Domo Guest

i was on Nuendo before Studio One appeared some years ago.
    Was nice its good.

12. odod

odod Rock Star

lol .. i had no idea why i am bored, also i am not satisfy with the rendered audio quality compared to Nuendo, i found Nuendo is thicker (to my ears tho).

P.S = now i also craving for BIABOX 2021 lol .. in terms of composition it is faster, just need to replace some parts.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2021
  13. BaSsDuDe

BaSsDuDe Audiosexual

Nuendo has double the audio resolution of almost any other DAW at 384Khz.
    If the audio interface cannot do anything higher than 92Khz then this is wasted.
    Nuendo was designed as a comprehensive professional Post-Production/Production house system, video, game-sound, sound-editing/recording, dolby 5.1-22.1 so on and so forth for editors more than just music recording.
    Cubase is designed primarily as an audio recording studio.
    Both are good if you like Steinberg but for different reasons and without discounts have substantial price differences.

Nuendo used to be double the price of Cubase. If you buy either full version for the first time currently while the discount is on, the difference is under $100.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  14. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

:like: