Upgrade to McIntosh

Discussion in 'Soundgear' started by jxilliam4, Mar 18, 2024.

1. jxilliam4

jxilliam4 Newbie

Hello everyone,
    I am looking to upgrade my hi-fi sytem.I demod MC 275 recently and loved the tuby,warm house sound of Mcintosh.
    I will be pairing them with Sonus Faber Olympica 1.
    I am torn between MA352 integrated and MC275+C8 separates. The latter is obviously more costly but I am willing to go for it if there are advantages.
    How would the sound differ of mcintosh audio? What would be the most notable distinction between the two system in your opinion?
    Thanks in advance

Last edited: Mar 18, 2024
  3. justwannadownload

justwannadownload Audiosexual

Don't forget pure gold wires! Also don't forget to heat them up, to get that natural warm sound.

4. tzzsmk

tzzsmk Audiosexual

I'd say most noticeable difference makes amazing transient response of DAC (NOS filters are popular for reason), and speaker design in conjuction with room acoustics,
    if I were building HiFi system nowadays, I'd rather pick something like RME ADI-2 DAC and Geithain RL 921K which are coaxial 3-way active loudspeakers (assuming you'd have casual 2-3m listening distance)
    :bow:

5. statik

statik Audiosexual

the only difference will be in reliability and even this is a huge point of discussion.

this quote from an answer to a similar question on quora explains it perfectly
    this is also what most of us here will say, it's 1's and 0's
    the part about multiple audio interfaces i have experienced myself, in windows this is near impossible. i have several synths with usb audio and getting those working in windows never worked and in macos it was done with 2 clicks and it just worked. if you're having issues with this then macos is your answer, if it's not and you like windows better then just use windows. i used both for a long time as back then FL studio wasnt native for macos so i did my writing on windows and recording on macos.

6. Quantised Noise

Quantised Noise Producer

I think most of us here recognise the difference between the Hi-Fi/Audiophile manufacturer McIntosh, and the computer series by Apple called Macintosh. But clearly not ALL of us.

7. statik

statik Audiosexual

it seems so yeah, my apologies for not being an audiophile