Upgrade from Cubase 5.1 to Cubase 7 Elements, but too many features missing to be true!

Discussion in 'Cubase / Nuendo' started by Adrianobet, Apr 30, 2017.

1. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

no worries m8... I never needed you to share anything with me.. as I already saved up my pennies for 8 years to
    get Cubase 8.5 Pro... now, a few more years and maybe I can start buying updates... :winker:

just ask your elf friend to do it for "the community"

take care "buddy"

p.s. if you have a minute to spare from your great productions, maybe try to update
    your avatar to something more creative than attack/malware site smiley bait..
    surely your "ethics" would permit?

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2017
  2. BudSpencer

BudSpencer Producer

Although I usually refrain from engaging in virtual feuds (especially around these pastures), I felt the urge to ask: @Herr Durr: why the animosity towards @Adrianobet ? The guy made a simple and respectful question that merits a respectful answer, regardless of anyone's contempt. Maybe I lost anything on translation (or any past interaction between you two), but from what I read in this post, you're being a bully, man! :trashing:

Last edited: May 13, 2017
  3. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

yeah.. what's wrong with me ? ... ok.. I am going to Sunday school tomorrow.. I'll ask the teacher to forgive me..
    it will be all better soon @BudSpencer .... promise.. :chilling:

4. midi-man

midi-man Audiosexual

Yes but I have a mpk261 that I use to control reaper. So I do not use the ch anymore. It did work in Reaper though.

5. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

@midi-man does that mpk261 do everything you need it to do ? what are the shortcomings ?

6. midi-man

midi-man Audiosexual

Herr Durr HI it's been a while, hello and good to hear from you. I must say I am very pleased with it. So far I have no complaints. Pads are good, Keys ( you know I was asking better keyboard players than I am for there opinion since I loved my D-50 feel ) Very happy so far. Plenty of knobs, sliders. I did have to do a little tweaking to reaper to get the knobs and sliders to work. but the transport control worked with the generic patch out of the box. The keyboard felt wired to me at first but I really have gotten used to the feel of it and haven't touched my D-50.LOL
    USB power is a pure joy. I would buy it again.

I did not need the AKAI advance stuff since I can load and patch different vst via Reaper or any DAW. I was looking at a controller that would give me some flexibility and I found it.

I also tried it with my old Cubase 8,7.5 and 7 also works great.

7. Philoso

Philoso Noisemaker

I know what you are talking about. In Pro version you can just highlight a part and process effects. Honestly the better way to do that is just use automation with effect send you want to use. Element can do this but there are many other real important functions it's missing. Sidechaining is the biggest, I really miss audiowarping. I work with samples, drum loops etc that need just little adjustments to get them to line up nicely in the track. The ability to just stretch a snare a tad is very awesome. The pitch processing is better then using semitones. I feel like I'm stuck in a rut now because, I love the EQing and chord functions. I don't want to go back to 5 and lose chords but I really need sidechain. Uhh

8. Adrianobet

Adrianobet Noisemaker

Oh my God, I read only now... How a sad person you must be... Condolences. Your sarcasm don't even touch me and it's so boring and not funny at all. And regarding "my great productions" don't worry: they're surely better than your little ones... LOL
    Take care and get a life. :-D