Updating Serato Sample safe?

Discussion in 'Software' started by thepie, May 19, 2020.

1. thepie

thepie Ultrasonic

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me if updating Serato Sampler (still on first version) messes with the songs you have stored in past projects? Essentially i have a load of old projects with Serato samples in them that rely on Serato remembering what song was loaded. I haven't bounced them down yet for various reasons. Im worried updating will clear the History cache or something ?

Thanks

3. reliefsan

reliefsan Audiosexual

i recall someone commenting that it worked fine after the update, so i updated it awhile ago. havent had any issues _yet_ .
    but there are never any guaranties.

ask yourself the question;
    are the new feature in the new version, THAT crucial that you want to "risk it" ?

4. thepie

thepie Ultrasonic

Thanks reliefsan. Problem is i've started getting crashes with the first version which is corrupting my projects so my hands are kinda tied. Did anyone else experience crashes with 1.00 ?

5. DjLuigi

DjLuigi Ultrasonic

I’ve been using it since the beta and never really had it crash. Should be safe to update but save the old dlls just to make sure. If you get any errors just roll back to the old one

6. casesmear

casesmear Member

I've had no problems after the update, old projects & samples load fine. The update has 32 instead of 16 slices, plus, there's a velocity switch now, 2 great additions.