**UPDATE** UA deleted all negative reviews for LUNA extensions on their website

Discussion in 'Software' started by tylerv, Apr 15, 2020.

1. tylerv

tylerv Platinum Record

**UPDATE**

thought you guys may find it interesting that now when checking the reviews for neve summing on UA's website (link below). (all of you that read my previous post and hopefully checked the link and saw the neg/pos ratio can back up the discrepency.)

THEY HAVE REMOVED ALL NEGATIVE REVIEWS EXCEPT 1 ONE STAR REVIEW AND FLOODED THE REVIEWS WITH NOTHING BUT 5 STAR REVIEWS. WTF!?!?

THAT SHIT IS CRAZY AND DECEPTIVE AS FUCK. 2 DAYS AGO THERE WERE AROUND 40 REVIEWS, 33 BEING 1-2 STARS (INCLUDING MY OWN WHICH HAS DISAPPEARED FROM THE REVIEW BOARD BUT STILL SHOWS UNDER MY UA ACCOUNT THAT I CAN SCREENSHOT AND POST IF YOU LIKE) AND 6-7 BEING 5 STARS. NOW THERE ARE 28 TOTAL REVIEWS AND ALL OF THEM ARE 5 STARS BUT 1.

IF THEY WILL STRAIGHT DELETE CUSTOMER REVIEWS THEN IM PRETTY SURE THAT A PRETTY GOOD AMOUNT OF THE NEW ONES HAVE BEEN SUBMITTED BY EMPLOYEES. HOW THE FUCK ELSE DO YOU GO FROM HAVING 90% NEG REVIEWS TO 97% POS IN 2 DAYS?

IF THE OP DIDNT PISS YOU OFF THEN THATS FINE. IT WAS MORE SUBJECTIVE IN NATURE. BUT THIS AIN'T FUCKIN SUBJECTIVE. THESE ARE FACTS. THEY STRAIGHT UP CHANGED AND REMOVED THE REVIEWS FOR THEIR PRODUCT THAT THEY DIDNT LIKE.

THIS SHOULD PISS EVERYONE OFF. ONE OF THE LEADERS OF OUR INDUSTRY RELEASED A PRODUCT AND RATHER THAN ACCEPT AND LEARN FROM THEIR CUSTOMERS FEEDBACK THEY HAVE CENSORED AND SILENCED THEIR CUSTOMERS OPINIONS IN ORDER TO TRICK PPL INTO BUYING THEIR PRODUCT.

SHITS FUCKED UP

https://www.uaudio.com/review/neve-summing/#second-nav

• Interesting x 7
    • Useful x 5
    • Like x 2
    • Agree x 2
    • Funny x 2
    • Winner x 1
    • List
  3. tylerv

tylerv Platinum Record

sorry for the all caps, didnt notice until almost finished and didnt feel like retyping.

• Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. tylerv

tylerv Platinum Record

also, one of the critiques on my last post was that i should supply proof to support my claim. so im going to head that off here on this one. obviously i cant bring up the page of reviews before they changed them but i can at least post screenshots from my ua account showing i had posted a review and that it had had been on uas review page and now if you go to the review page my review is no longer there... Screen Shot 2020-04-15 at 6.53.51 PM.png Screen Shot 2020-04-15 at 7.02.11 PM.png

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. There is nowhere to write a review for Luna. You can review the extensions.... Neve Summing and Studer Tape, but there is no review section for Luna.

6. tylerv

tylerv Platinum Record

i know that. all of the reviews were on the neve summing review page. which is what was linked in op.
    the op and this post were both written ab the reviews on neve summing. not for luna.

which you can see in my attached screenshot circled at the bottom. it says neve summing/ 1star

7. tylerv

tylerv Platinum Record

neither of the 2 posts were about luna specifically, they were about the extensions that were made to appear to be included in luna.

the first post just kindof naturally became an over all discussion ab luna

8. LUNA is in the title of your post. Reviews for LUNA and LUNA extensions. UA cannot remove reviews for LUNA since there is nowhere to write reviews. I wish there was, I'd tell them it's crap. Actually unnecessary crap. It's the DAW nobody asked for.

9. LurkerSupreme

LurkerSupreme Ultrasonic

I made a post on Reddit on how they basically lied about the all the features, but someone quickly replied saying they never said the instruments or Neve Summing would be free. My point was that they led us to believe that it would be free, by intentionally not mentioning that you would have to spend extra money for the products they were previewing. Even going as far as using the word "integrated" into the software without saying you have to pay for it. So, like most people, I assumed I would be getting the Moog, Neve Summing, and Revel plugins they were using during the previews. Ive always considered omitting the truth is the same as lying, but i assume the guy that tried to shame me was an employee on how quickly he responded and the tone used.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. Even if Neve and Moog were free, I'd be disappointed.

11. tylerv

tylerv Platinum Record

my bad, your right. i need to remove luna from the post title

12. tylerv

tylerv Platinum Record

yea man. i got jumped a bit on my last post ab that whole thing but most of the ppl who had been following the release felt the same as we do. and if you would have seen the reviews that got deleted (and there were alot) by ua it was pretty hard to not see that there was definitely some fuckery in the way they presented it up until launch. that many ppl (the overwhelming majority of ppl) who were leaving reviews were all saying they were under the impression those features were included. how does that just happen...

13. I wouldn't normally care, but I went looking for the LUNA review section so I could tell them I hated it. I tried running a few stems through it yesterday and loaded up the Studer and Neve summing demo and pretty much wasted an entire afternoon and couldn't get a decent sound out of it. No, that's not right. I mean, I couldn't get an improved sound out of it. It certainly slowed me down. I don't know if anybody is going to drop their usual DAW for this.
    By Christmas it's possible they'll be giving extensions away. Even the word extensions feels so "Reason"

14. tylerv

tylerv Platinum Record

no you're right. i think thats why all of the neg reviews were hitting neve summing. bc they had nowhere to rate luna directly. i agree about the extensions themselves as well. there are just other plugs out there that do very similar things for WAY less money. slate's vtm for example

15. 6ixcore

6ixcore Producer

Guess its how most of these companies run their business, passive-agressive, i have been banned from the acustica fb group for saying what i think. Business as usual.

16. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

What I read about LUNA is this: you get a free, rather simple, DAW that you can use with your UAD plugins. Does it even support third party VSTs? All additional features that make it more unique, but not any more special than say Mixcraft or similar DAW for newbies, cost $300 EACH, and if you want all of the additional features, this "FREE" DAW will cost you $1550. Just imagine what you can buy for that kind of money. Maybe Reaper with all the best plugins you like, for example, and some of the cheaper audio interfaces, and a keyboard.

btw. it only works on a Mac.

Plenty of dodgy marketing. Greed is like stupidity - infinite.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  17. tylerv

tylerv Platinum Record

for sure. ill keep swinging away in reaper and leave luna to the suckerz

18. anon69

anon69 Producer

LMAO, Luna is just marketing for their fucken hardware and plugins. They literally took no time on the actual daw, its just a BIG peice of junk that can HOUSE their expensive shit in it. The DAW is a mask. Just get reaper at this point. fucken LMAO no vst's, only compatible with UAD. Thats how you can tell.

19. I'm sensing you have a lot of anger. If you purchased their hardware and it has failed to meet your expectations, that is a shame because it is expensive and anybody buying into their closed environment should be entitled to feel they are using a good product.
    Let's look at this rationally. There seems to be a lot of ill will directed at UA because of LUNA and the shortcomings of the DAW and the company. Nobody is disagreeing with those sentiments in this post. If you can't use LUNA, the message from those of us who can, is that you aren't missing out on anything. So a tirade against the company is like Grampa Simpson shaking his fist at clouds.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  20. hackerz4life

hackerz4life Audiosexual

behringer should just buy this company and make something useful and cheap with it . overrated 10$ dsp chips.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  21. 5teezo

5teezo Audiosexual

The fact that you can only use LUNA with Apollo Interfaces and not UAD 2 PCIe cards says it all, imo :D

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List