Update Garage Band and Apple Software for free ?

Discussion in 'Mac / Hackintosh' started by van.burg, Oct 16, 2019.

1. van.burg

van.burg Noisemaker

Hi, hope Iám in the right post here ( ups sorry please move to MAC OS )

As a new Mac User I was wondering if with Apple Software you have a lifetime free Update service ( cause MacOSX Updates are also for free ) Is that true ? ( Sorry for asking maybe stupid questions- but as I said Iám new on Mac )

And how about Garage Band and Logic from AudioZ - Update able ?

When I start Logic (from AudioZ) I get the Mesaage to DL Content, is it possible with this Version ?

THX

Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
  3. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

Moved to 'Mac / Hackintosh' section which is more appropriate for this topic

4. fastfingers55

fastfingers55 Rock Star

I don't know about saying they are "lifetime" or not, but yes updates are no cost for Apple's Garage Band and Logic.

However, my advice is to NOT update to the newest release of Logic just yet until we see enough reports that it works okay with the existing VSTs.

5. fiction

fiction Audiosexual

Lifetime free updates?
    Certainly not. But the longevity of the products you mentioned is quite good IMHO.
    Logic Pro X was released in 2013, it was a new product that you had to pay the full price for even if you owned L9 before. LPX is still supported but probably in a few years, a new commercial product will be released that is not a free upgrade anymore.
    Still, LPX offers a lot of bang for the buck, so much stuff included that most users won't even touch.
    As far as I know, this was never the case with Garageband. If you've purchased a Mac once, you could always update to the latest Garageband version for your machine.

6. Aadleezy

Aadleezy Member

Because Logic and Garageband are both developed by Apple any updates you make to OSX should be supported by these two DAWs just fine. The real problem occurs however if you begin to use 3rd party plugins. A lot of 3rd party companies advise against updating to Apple's latest 10.15 Catalina update as it may cause issues with a lot of 3rd party plugins.

Also it's generally a bad idea to update any cracked software you get from official sources

7. van.burg

van.burg Noisemaker

Thx for the relies guys !

Since I haven´t puchased any soft over apple store, it´s probably not possible to update, especially Garageband or Logic.

[QUOTE="Aadleezy, post: 429172, member: 49019"Also it's generally a bad idea to update any cracked software you get from official sources[/QUOTE]

Well. would never get the idea with Windows Software, but someone here said, that especially Garageband or Logic, are not really a crack, rather orginal apps.

I wonder if it´s possible or anyone tried to load the content in Logic with the AudioZ Version ? Don´t want the app to get blocked.

Cheers

8. Slavestate

Slavestate Platinum Record

It doesn't matter that they're the original MAS apps, you didnt buy them through the store so it has no record of you owning them, therefore, you get no updates for them. Anything that comes from the Apple Store (if its made by Apple) ONLY gets updates through the store, if you paid for it and it shows up in your purchases list.

9. Moonlight

Moonlight Audiosexual

update no (wont work), download content (works), apple don't care.

10. van.burg

van.burg Noisemaker

Thanks for the help !!!!!!!!!!!!

11. kptainfilou

kptainfilou Member

For your information GarageBand comes free with your Mac whatever your operating system is. It's one of the rare perks of having a Mac.