Update compatibility with Patches in old projects

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by ThugLife, Apr 27, 2019.

1. ThugLife

ThugLife Platinum Record

Hey everybody,

Now I need your help again. I have a Problem with older projects after i updated a few kontakt libraries in the past. This Problem appears at many libraries and in some cases i was able to fix it by Integrating the old .nkx files but with a few this wont do, or i just dont have them anymore.
    For example i used to use the Single Patches in symphobia 1. They were great instead of These New Patches with categories and 5 or more Patches in them.
    Now when I try to open old projects using these Single Patches and point to the symphobia 1 folder, it is asking for the sample files.
    The strange thing is, it does find the old gui showing the Single Patches like 22 bra comb trp hrn s or 18 brs low sustain s and Stuff and its impossible for me to restore them with the New symphobia. There were for example different Crescendo Patches, now they narrowed it down to 1 Crescendo and a sforzando Crescendo Patch.
    Why are they doing such bs? I mean isnt it obvious that downward compatibility is a must with these updates?
    I dont have the old symphobia anymore and i regret deleting it because now I cant simply add the old samples which I think were .wav and now they are .nkx. And i prefer to be able to choose the Single Patches. The old one was a lot better in that case but what can I do to make it able to play the old Patches. Like I Said they Show up with old gui but nothing plays.
    Did Anyone have the Same Problem and was able to solve it or does Anyone have the old samples folder or something?
    And are the old Single Patches anywhere in there since the old gui is also in there and i just dont know how to find them?
    Thanks in advance

3. wasgedn

wasgedn Banned

:crazy:overload...ich muss weg