Unofficially downloaded library when I have original purchased Kontakt?

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by Totoro, Jan 9, 2021.

1. Totoro

Totoro Noisemaker

I have official Kontakt player - bought NI Komplete. Can I add an unofficially downloaded library and use it in Kontakt?

3. Polomo

Polomo Guest

So far I know

Not possible. Sorry

4. Haliax

Haliax Guest

You could download an "unofficial" kontakt as you legally own it already. You would then be free to do what you want with it, and if that means download other unofficial libraries then so be it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. kintozero

kintozero Kapellmeister

No but if your "unofficially downloaded" library is compatible with Kontakt 5, you can load that library in "unofficial" Kontakt 5 happily after registering library with addlibrary tool, while still running your official/current Kontakt 6.

6. naitguy

naitguy Audiosexual

This is what I do. I own NI Komplete, including both Kontakt 5 and 6 (full versions). I downloaded the k'd Kontakt 6 Portable, which I use for unofficially downloaded libraries, and I use the regular Kontakt 6 for my officially downloaded libraries.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2021
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  7. Totoro

Totoro Noisemaker

Thank you so much for your suggestions.. I just don't understand how to use Kontakt portable for my unofficial libraries when I use Kontakt as a plugin in DAW

8. Smoove Grooves

Smoove Grooves Audiosexual

I thought the portable also is standalone and plugin versions, as per any Kontakt?
    We don't have portable on Mac, so I don't know.

edit: oooh yeah. Make sure that you ammend the name of one of them. Then you can access both in your daw.
    Like, call the portable version Kontakt6 or something, seeing as now Kontakt does not have a number after it. This is why 5 and 6 can coexist, because 5 is named as such, but 6 is just called Kontakt.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
  9. anon69

anon69 Producer

i swear this question needs a sticky or needs an automatic ban

10. Smoove Grooves

Smoove Grooves Audiosexual

Or they could just read the site rules, and avoid making dupe posts.

Quote:
    Search Before Attempting to Make a Post

Please search the forums before posting, our internal search engine may not always give you the results you're looking for. In that case, use Google like this:
    [search entry] site:audiosex.pro

11. recycle

recycle Guest

Unofficial?
    Are you telling me there are shady smugglers peddling kontakt libraries?
    wow, this is heavy ..

12. naitguy

naitguy Audiosexual

If you're a Windows user (I don't own a Mac and know nothing about them, so that's why I say Windows user)....

You download and install the k'd Kontakt portable. This will be installed in ADDITION to your official Kontakt plugins. In my DAW (Reaper), I figured out which one was the k'd vsti, and I renamed it so that I knew the difference. In the folder for the k'd Kontakt, there should be a Helper folder with a Library Manager folder inside of it. There will be a Library Manager exe that you use to load "unofficial" libraries into your k'd Kontakt portable. You will have no libraries in your k'd kontakt, to start.

Some of the unofficial libraries don't have the nicnt file to load the library using that tool. If you search around for kontakt library creator, you can use that to create nicnt. Combine that up with the thread here that has wallpaper downloads for most of the libraries out there, and you have all the tools you need to load any of these libraries in to your kontakt portable.

It probably sounds intimidating, and it was for me at first, but it's actually quite an easy process.