Universal Audio Releases: Sonnox Oxford Limiter v2

Discussion in 'Software News' started by theDingus, May 3, 2016.

1. theDingus

theDingus Audiosexual

Last edited: Apr 1, 2019
    • Interesting Interesting x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  3. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

Interesting... so ilok gets cracked.. and Sonnox migrates to UAD. Or were they there before?

Still way too muhfluckin expensive.

4. mild pump milk

mild pump milk Russian Milk Drunkard

What's here really new? I see only version is higher, and GUI has been updated.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  5. oisinn

oisinn Ultrasonic

I'm using the 32bit 2010 sonnox plugs jBridged and TransVST'd in Team AU's PT 12.5 and they sound GREAT:wink:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  6. theDingus

theDingus Audiosexual

Their latest "inter-sample peak (ISP) detection" technology has been implemented in this UAD release.

7. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

Sonnox has already supplier the TC Electronic Powercore a few years ago .... so its no news they´re supporting DSP solutions!
    Also Steinberg Wavelab has incoporated a few of their plugs!

Last edited: May 4, 2016
  8. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

I totally agree with you oisinn ..... it´s indeed the very best of the very best :yes:

9. Sylenth.Will.Fall

Sylenth.Will.Fall Audiosexual

Me too. Specifically I love the 'Crunchy' preset. That's usually my starting point.

10. groove

groove Kapellmeister

Technology has changed inside pluging nothing in compare with version one ... and with uad support more clean sound than pure native plugin...

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  11. mild pump milk

Groove, how can you prove it that uad sounds better than native? Signal tests? Or you believe that dsp card has something magical because it is hardware? One pro mastering engineer told one thing that dsp uad card is just extra cores for work only with uad plugins, and protection of their plugins which you can't reprogram to make them work without dsp card. Why? Because hardware uad is still digital, not analog. You also want to tell that Plugin Alliance from uad dsp card sounds better than vsts? Or tc electronic version of sonnox is a third version of processing quality? Prove it. Same with Waves L2 hardware and Vst, both works similar because there were one test proving null phase cancellation. I think if audioutopia crakk uad to vst, it will the same as hardware. Or?
    Today I tested my virus c hardware. Shit! Frequency limited to 25.5 kHz and it has a loooooot of aliasing when use cutoff and resonance! Much more than vsti! But all virus users telling that it has warm analog filters. It's real bullshit even if it is hardware. Digital hardware is same that digital plugins. Plugins can be better if algorithms are super, or hardware maybe shitty if algorithms are bad. Or same. Examples: virus aliasing vs serum clean sound, digital software src vs digital hardware src. Also if you think that uad is better, why a lot of uad users like the quality of not all the uad stuff? And it emulates analog not so close, as many users say. Watch thru some forums, like gearslutz

Last edited: May 4, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  12. virusg

virusg Rock Star

couldn't have said any better, I have a virus ti2 too am agree with you, the moment I truly messed up with it I knew that has lot's of aliasing but it also has something that makes me wanna use it; aside trillions of modulation options... Thanks

13. groove

groove Kapellmeister

sorry but for the softube bass amp i have the uad version and native and uad is better no dought the same for the tube tech cl and the native version is for me one of the most emulation plugin in native format but there is a difference and brainworx digital... more precision and better fit in a mix... and i give my opinion that's all i don't spend my time to prove you anything . for me most of ultimate tool are uad plugin if you used native plugin and you are happy that's your choice . with my experience work i prefer uad for working
    that's all

14. ShadowOfTheZ

ShadowOfTheZ Ultrasonic

Spotify targets -11 LUFS
    Youtube targets -13 LUFS
    Apple Music targets -16 LUFS
    Radios target -18 LUFS
    CD Masters are often more dynamic up to -23 LUFS

All broadcasters will normalize your audio anyway to their target. And they don't use prosumer tools like UAD but have access to better tools such as Junger Audio (plugin by Flux).

So why would you need this tool? To destroy your audio to -11 LUFS and let broadcasters use outstanding tools to try to get back dynamics?

I don't see the point. If you send your track to your aggregator at -23 LUFS, it's likely it will be processed by a more professional tool than UAD.

15. groove

groove Kapellmeister

Before normalize there a few treatment in audio lol and for mixing it's calling gain staging ..

16. lpu2n

lpu2n Producer

That's a hell of a patchwork :rofl:

17. ShadowOfTheZ

ShadowOfTheZ Ultrasonic

ok but this tool is supposed to be a mastering limiter I guess not an individual-track compressor/limiter

Anyway my intent was to be provocative: people use a destroying-dynamics mastering limiter to push the gain to -11LUFS then realize that broadcasters get it back to -18LUFS or -16 for Apple, without getting back the dynamics obviouly...

So ideally this tool would not be used or so slightly that it makes really no sense to make all this UAD marketing

18. badboy4life

badboy4life Ultrasonic

Native will be out in a while and will be a free upgrade for owners of previous version. Sweet!

19. mild pump milk

groove,
    you like the quality of uad because you bought it? everything sound better if it is bought? more expensive - more quality? or just the words "hardware" and "UAD" subconsiously sounds better? or?
    I watched demo of sonnox limiter 2 (uad version, yuh?) - to me it sounds worse than vsts like DMGAudio Limitless, AOM Factory Invisible Limiter and even Pro-L that I don't like at all. And what my conclusions about uad's quality in 2016 after that?
    McDSP, Eventide, KuSH Audio, Sly-Fi Digital were one of the best too...Until they were cracked. Still people use FabFilter, DMG, Softube, Waves etc. And?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  20. groove

groove Kapellmeister

and you likle only audiotupia app because it's free for you lol..... Me i choose my app because i like them when use it i don't wait a free plugin crap crack to work with... all studio in the world work with only waves and uad but everything is wrong you have right lol... Compare sonnox plug with dmg audio and aom i laugh lol..... Compare to sonnox there are bullshit....

21. thantrax

thantrax Audiosexual