Universal Audio releases: Marshall Plexi Super Lead 1959 PlugIn

Discussion in 'Software News' started by theDingus, May 6, 2015.

1. theDingus

theDingus Audiosexual

[​IMG]

The undisputed alpha dog of rock and roll guitar amps, the Marshall 1959 Super Lead amplifier is as legendary as the
    music it helped create. From Jimi Hendrix to Jimmy Page, Duane Allman to Eric Clapton, the Plexi’s snarl, sustain,
    smoothness, and raunch defined the sound of rock.

Developed by Softube — and available exclusively for UAD-2 hardware and Apollo audio interfaces — the Marshall Plexi
    Super Lead 1959 plug-in is an expert emulation of this 100-watt British classic.

Softube enlisted legendary AC/DC engineer Tony Platt to capture exquisite cabinet and microphone simulations using his
    tried-and-true mic recipes. Producers and guitarists can choose from 50 Platt-designed presets or craft their own tones
    with the plug-in’s onboard mixer.

Key Features:
    - The world’s only authentic and licensed plug-in emulation of the classic Marshall Plexi Super Lead amplifier
    - Three different microphone combinations — FET, Valve, and Dynamic
    - Onboard mixer features microphone level, pan, and global two-band EQ
    - 50 presets designed by legendary AC/DC engineer Tony Platt

[​IMG]

Use your Apollo to track through the only authentic Marshall 1959 Super Lead amplifier “in the box”
    Re-amp previously recorded tracks with any UAD-2 hardware

The Only Authentic Emulation of the Perfect Plexi

In an effort to capture the ultimate Plexi sound, Marshall offered the talented developers at Softube a bone-stock,
    pristine 1967 Super Lead from its own museum. Pairing it with an era-correct, broken-in Marshall 1960BHW 4x12 cabinet,
    Softube emulated all of the Super Lead’s idiosyncratic “ghost note” overtones, as well as the ability to “jump” the
    amp’s inputs to dial-in a wealth of high-powered tube tones.

Producer/engineer Tony Platt has recorded some of the most quintessential Marshall tones ever committed to tape — most
    notably AC/DC’s landmark albums, Highway to Hell and Back in Black. Softube enlisted Platt to capture exquisite cabinet
    and microphone simulations using his Platinum-approved, tried-and-true mic recipes. You can choose from 50 Platt-designed
    presets, or craft your own tones.

"This is really what a vintage Plexi actually sounds like!", says Tony Platt, "And I'm not saying that only because I am being paid to."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6I1Aiqijhs

The Marshall Plexi Super Lead 1959 PlugIn is available for $199
    Requires a UAD-2 DSP Accelerator or Apollo Interface

More INFO: Universal Audio | Marshall Plexi Super Lead 1959

3. that's the bomb!

4. Studio 555

Studio 555 Producer

@ TheDingus,

Thank You for the info about these 3 new 'UAD Powered Plugins' :wink: *yes*

As I own an 'UAD-2' PCIe Card, I'll give a try at this 'Marshall Plexi Super Lead 1959', which is included in the new 'v8.1.0' of the 'UAD Powered Plugins' Bundle, and available now at download via the 'UAD' Homepage.

P.S: I hope that it may replicate its 'illustrious' Hardware counterpart as close as possible, because unfortunately, I don't exactly have the incomes of 'Slash' at this moment !!! *no*

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

5. This demo blew my mind on how true it sounds. Thanks for all three theDingus.

6. Guitarmaniac64

Guitarmaniac64 Rock Star

Wonder how it sounds compared to Softube Vintage Amp Room as it is the same company that made this
    Other UAD stuff they released Softube say it sounds exactly the same as the native one

7. Studio 555

Studio 555 Producer

@ Guitarmaniac64,

I've used from time to time the 'Softube Vintage Amp Room', but it was long time ago, so I can't to accurately remember its specific Sounds (I write 'Sounds' because you get 3 different Amplifier Emulations : 'Brown', 'Green' and 'White'), whereas this 'Marshall Plexi Super Lead 1959' only provides an Amplifier Model... BUT WOW :wow: what Quality !!! :guitarhero: :thumbsup:
    Unfortunately, I never had the privilege to try an original 'Marshall Plexi Super Lead 1959' (Hardware 'Head Amp'), but this emulation sounds really, really amazing ! *yes*
    Moreover, you not only get 55 Factory Presets with 'Mic Variations' ('Dynamic', 'FET', 'Valve') as depicted in the second Image provided by 'TheDingus', you can also 'blend' the 3 different Mic Models provided with each of these 3 Variations, to tailor your Sound(s) the way you like or exactly need... :thumbsup:

It's time for me to seriously think to break my 'Piggy Bank' :rofl: to get that 'Marshall Plexi Super Lead 1959' ! *yes*
    Seriously, at $199, it can seem expensive for some, but on the other hand, it's almost a 'bargain' compared to the price of an original 'Marshall Plexi Super Lead 1959' (Hardware 'Head Amp') ...and far more lighter to carry !!! :rofl:

For reference :

'1969 Marshall Superlead' (Original one !)

at US $5,888.88 :wow: (Hey, that's the price to pay for a 'Legend' !!!)

'Marshall 1959SLP Super Lead Plexi' (Reissue)

at US $2,699.00

But I must also to admit that I own an 'UAD-2' PCIe Card, so that's more easy to see it that way... *yes*

Highly recommended for those looking for a Great 'Marshall' Emulation. *yes*