Universal Audio: Please Model The Empirical Labs EL8 Distressor

Discussion in 'Software' started by Enoch007, May 12, 2015.

1. Enoch007

Enoch007 Kapellmeister

Okay fellas, who's with me!!? Lets see how many we can get!! Link to petition https://www.change.org/p/universal-audio-universal-audio-please-model-the-empirical-labs-el8-distressor

[​IMG]

3. e-mu1970

e-mu1970 Member

I hear ya bra, I have these plugs & the el8x distressor rack unit, awesome is all I can say :thumbsup: That's why I went out & purchased it! :wink: Worth every cent to me! :headbang:

4. Studio 555

Studio 555 Producer

@ Krimsmiller1982,

Great initiative ! :thumbsup:

At this exact moment, you have one more, myself ! *yes* :rofl:

Concerning this 'Empirical Labs EL8 Distressor', and despite these are a bit different, you can make a very long 'Sonic' Journey with the already available 'Empirical Labs EL7 FATSO Jr & Sr' UAD Models. *yes* :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

'UAD FATSO Jr & Sr'

Some differences between these 2 original 'Hardware Units' :

* The 'FATSO' does have a Compressor based on 'DISTRESSOR TECHNOLOGY', but it does offer 2 settings that you cannot get in the 'Distressor'.

* Users of the 'Distressor' used it on every type of source and commented about its "swiss army knife" versatility. A versatile Compressor/Limiter as a few opposed to the 'FATSO'.

* The 'FATSO', on the other hand, has several fixed Compressors on it, but it does not have the extreme adjustability of the 'Distressor'. It does however include other wonderful processing not available anywhere else ! The 'FATSO' has actually only 4 Types of Compression.

5. Enoch007

Enoch007 Kapellmeister

With Sly-Fy releasing a Distressor'ish plugin & Sknote about to drop one also. I think its time we revisit the idea of this petition I started. Please help support this. Thanks

6. The LT

The LT Ultrasonic

And they dropped a new AKG woodencrate spring reverb, like everyone ever wanted one...