Uninstall/Reinstall kontakt and I'm fine dude?

Discussion in 'Software' started by PouyaDH, May 6, 2015.

1. PouyaDH

PouyaDH Noisemaker

City of Angels. nobody's an angel here, tho ;)
    Hey guys. im on PC and use Cubase 7
    I've recently run into popping sounds problem with kontakt. I did try optimizing kontakt, it helped for a day only. I think I did something wrong while I was optimizing kontakt's performance. right now, even in an empty project with just one instance of kontakt, I hear popping sounds.

So I want to uninstall & reinstall the kontakt. but will this ruin the expressions & mudulations I've laid out for each string?
    I've opened 5 or 6 libraries within each kontakt. each library is routed to its midi & stereo output. Will the reinstalling mess up the maping?

I'm confused and have no idea how to approach this matter to avoid hours & hours & hours of redoing stuff. :dunno:

any help is truly appreciated.
    Thank You

3. Studio 555

Studio 555 Producer

@ Pouyad,

Apart the Advice provided you by 'Superliquid23' *yes* :thumbsup:
    and concerning :

Here, maybe the fact to save some of your 'customized' Settings as 'Kontakt Scripts' ('.nkp') could avoid you to lose hours and hours of hard labor, as you so well said it : "to avoid hours & hours & hours of redoing stuff."

These 'Kontakt Scripts' could then be found afterward within your : 'User xxx' Folder --> Documents --> 'Native Instruments' --> 'Kontakt 5' --> 'Presets' --> 'Scripts' (if I well remember ! Because right now, unfortunately, I don't have access to my own 'User' Folder :( ), as well as within the own Kontakt Instrument Interface ('Settings'). *yes*

4. PouyaDH

PouyaDH Noisemaker

City of Angels. nobody's an angel here, tho ;)
    Here, maybe the fact to save some of your 'customized' Settings as 'Kontakt Scripts' ('.nkp') could avoid you to lose hours and hours of hard labor, as you so well said it : "to avoid hours & hours & hours of redoing stuff."

I have nooo clue about scripts what so ever. reading about it makes me more confused lol