Unify by Pluginguru

Discussion in 'Software News' started by peterA, Jan 6, 2020.

1. peterA

peterA Platinum Record

Interesting new plugin and on sale at the moment for $59

• Like Like x 7
    • Interesting Interesting x 5
    • List
  3. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

The MIDI control/hosting of another VSTs is very interesting. We want productivity.
    Many companies have tried (Plogue Bidule, Mux) but the latest efforts seem more attractive, like this or Loomer Architect.

They released a couple of small free MIDI tools a while ago developed with JUCE (showMidi, ModMate).
    Now it seems they have something solid and promising.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. 5teezo

5teezo Audiosexual

Probably the most interesting plugin/instrument/utility I've seen in quite some time. It fills a missing link in audio production as far as layering instruments is concerned.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  5. garfinkle

garfinkle Platinum Record

Apart from having better internal sounds, how is this really different to Blue Cat?

6. baldman

baldman Ultrasonic

Website says it doesn’t work with Mac Catalina (yet)

7. Hennessey

Hennessey Platinum Record

Omnisphere bye bye....

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  8. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

Hat's off for developing a new plugin but isn't this a prettied up version of Chains in an Instrument Rack?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  9. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

Feel kind of the same. Looks like a bitwig instrument layer/ chain in a rack but without modulators madness and the grid.
    Still a very nice layed out products. Would have loved that one when I was trying to do some bitwig/live workflow in Reaper.

10. poly

poly Platinum Record

If there will be a standalone then nice and willing to try it.
    So i'm still staying on Kushview Elements (now its free!).

• Like Like x 3
    • List
  11. Polomo

Polomo Guest

Joke of the year (ok the year is still young :winker:)

43 GB vs 2,5 GB

Own synth engine vs steal a lot of free plugins+ a sampler

14,806 vs 400 sounds hmmmm ok

Totally agree here.

Why didn't anyone mentioned Cherry voltage till now.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2020
  12. Pollice verso

Pollice verso Rock Star

If you follow Skipy's work you will know perfectly well that he is a logic guy, fine. He already commented on this at the beginning of unify. The idea is to transfer the workflow of working with multi layering in logic to other daws. If you use logic you will understand what I say. It is the exact concept. Now, with unify you have a big advantage: it is multicore and you can also store your multis chains in the same program (not in the session as in logic), that on the one hand.
    On the other hand, listening to the library he has made for unify is like listening to the multis he does for omnisphere, in fact he uses a lot of samples from his libraries for omni. great quality as usual.
    The truth is that I have been following his work for a long time precisely because of its multi-layering concepts, being able to play 5 or 6 different sources at the same time (each one with its processes, its plugins, its midi plugins) can become very creative and in logic is very intuitive work with these concepts.
    my two cents in my poor english

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  13. Hennessey

Yes. Well i am funny guy sometimes.
    I am talking sound wise and i didnt meant about his plugins host features, which is btw cool feature for some personal creative sound design... And I am talking about his own sampled sounds. And this is v. 1.01, which means can be developed in future in more advanced way....
    I am using Omni also but this is cool replacement for sounds i need.
    And maybe that doesnt feets to your needs , but for me it is good enough, so why did you find that funny i really dont know, cause i am talking about myself and not you.

Cheers

14. Polomo

Polomo Guest

I'm totally ok with that.
    Funny just because of the states I wrote down. (If you'll need that less cool)
    For me they are 2 completely different products. One is an ultra heavy Synth with lots of extra Rompler Features. (And Yes I need this for my musical expressions)
    And the other is a Sampler/VST Host with layer options (and for me useless ... if I need this I would use Kontakt inside Cherry Voltage with lot more sounds and modulations options)

And quitting a much versatile tool because of another with 2,7% the sounds seems just a bit crazy to me (no offense)(.... specially if you have Omnisphere already and bought it for $500)

But we all have our needs . (So live with the stuff you like, work with the stuff you like)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  15. 5teezo

5teezo Audiosexual

And a Reason user would argue: how is Instrument Rack different from Combinator? ;) Catch my drift? The point is: this is for layering Instrumemts and effects for every other PC/Mac-based DAW which is not Ableton Live nor Reason…

I gues you are refering to BlueCat Patchwork? That's is only for Audio FX, not Instruments/MIDI

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  16. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

Many good points here.

Legit questions that seem common sense:
    Spot on answers:
    That's the key. It's a plugin (also standalone) so you can use it in any DAW (not Bitwig/FLStudio/Waveform native modular features). Also, what sets it apart from other modular VSTs:
    - Designed to use multiple instruments layered (native or VSTis)
    - Instead of an extremely powerful modular wired design that is very complex especially when it comes to the GUI it has a nice GUI more limited in possibilities but enough to do most of the jobs: very productive
    - I still have to known what are the MIDI control/tweaking possibilities but clearly it must have quite a lot seeing that demo. Question is how much can you tweak to your taste without resorting to pre-made presets (biggest concern for me).
    - Blue Cat's Patchwork is sweet but it has less features. It's FX-oriented like it has well commented.

It will. It's developed with the cool JUCE feature that allows to compile a plugin as a standalone almost seamlessly. Just as Loomer Architect or Kushview Element. Nice that you noticed Kushview Element. It's not only free but open source, I'm starting to program with JUCE and fighting to get it to compile (fight current state: I'm losing :rofl:)

Sounds interesting, I'm going to check out that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  17. 5teezo

5teezo Audiosexual

More info on how the plugin/gui works. This might answer some questions

18. Hennessey

Ok, let me to rephrase my statement ...
    This would be some kind of nice lite version of Omni, with his own sample sounds and i mean exotic , tropical patches for lite project without big memmor impact or so ... For that patches i am looking for, Omni just gets crazy with size of one pacth....

First of all i dont like the GUI, which kills my inspiration at first sight , and in those layering VST i am not interested at all...
    I just got that impression about with initial demo listened , couple of sounds he played from his library....
    Actually the same thing has and Prisma from RobPapen if i am not wrong but without sample layering or other... Howewer if that thing gets k'ed ,probably i will download but i will doubtfull use it ,like i said the GUI is so intuitive that amazes me how can be that someone can not offer something original like Avenger, Omni or Serum ... Simple and clean with colours and buttons ....

p.s. i find this guy super annoying and his tutorials also... just scratches over my nerves...

Last edited: Jan 9, 2020
  19. Hennessey

Ok, let me to rephrase my statement ...
    This would be some kind of nice lite version of Omni, with his own sample sounds and i mean exotic , tropical patches for lite project without big memmor impact or so ... For that patches i am looking for, Omni just gets crazy with size of one pacth....

First of all i dont like the GUI, which kills my inspiration at first sight , and in those layering VST i am not interested at all...
    I just got that impression about with initial demo listened , couple of sounds he played from his library....
    Actually the same thing has and Prisma from RobPapen if i am not wrong but without sample layering or other... Howewer if that thing gets k'ed ,probably i will download but i will doubtfull use it ,like i said the GUI is so intuitive that amazes me how can be that someone can not offer something original like Avenger, Omni or Serum ... Simple and clean with colours and buttins ....

20. Lemmy

Lemmy Audiosexual

"Are you KIDDING me? I was like “okay I’ll check the price. 200.. maybe 250? Sounds about right.” NO ITS $60?! Dude I bought this while still on my phone on my commute home."

"That's the reaction we're aiming for!! We want lots of happy customers letting all their plug-ins play together. Think of this as a doggy park for plug-ins!" :)

59,-$ is really a no-brainer!

• Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  21. Polomo

Polomo Guest

(technical it's possible to use samples in the plugins RAW-Kick and you could use 4 layers of RAW-Kick.
    But Yes not direct. So it's a bit complicated.)

I think you would love my work .
    Last post https://audiosex.pro/threads/loomer-architect-good-or-not.51208/#post-440148
    Maybe I'm wrong :winker: But I understand what you'll mean. (A good GUI make it more funny to work with a plugin.)

Now we are talking. Like the worst Apple Event. So Arrogant and I'm the boss like
    Yes this guy is super annoying:rofl: