Unable to Save presets with Rob Papen Predator 2

Discussion in 'Software' started by Quasar82, Jun 24, 2018.

1. Quasar82

Quasar82 Noisemaker

Hi Guys,

Is there any one having trouble saving / renaming / creating presets with latest HEXWARS release of Predator 2 (MacOSX). I've tried completely uninstalling and reinstalling with no success.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2018
  3. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Audiosexual

Same here. I tried changing the folder permissions (as it installed to Program Files and that can be an issue), then installing to a different place, and was able to get it to offer to "save to folder" but it wouldn't save. I reading a post by someone who bought it and wanted to import the patches they'd made in demo mode, and Rob said he didn't think it was possible, as it was designed to avoid that in demo mode (can't find the post again, I think it was on KVR & they are down for maintenance ATM). Anyway, I am going to do some more searching about this, as this is my first encounter with it.
    It does show folders I create, and the patches i move into them, but it seems i can not save them even then.
    I seem to recall reading also that the coding is actually different in the demo .. if that is the case what we have here may be "playback only".
    Dunno ...
    [UPDATE: I WAS able to use save functions after some time, but unsure what the problem was besides permissions.
    After restoring an older backup for other reasons, then setting permissions on the Predator 2 folder again, it works fine.
    Strange that I do not see a "Create new folder" in the menu, and also that i can not browse outside the "Presets" folder, but those restrictions (if they are true) may be a blessing for some, preventing confusion as to where the hell they saved a particular preset :) --Windows 10-- ]

Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
  4. Recoil

Recoil Guest

Windows does not have this problem, everything works fine, but I have a legal one.

5. baldman

baldman Ultrasonic

Do a "Permission Reset" on the Preset Folder:

Applications>Rob Papen>Predator2>Bank Folder

Set correct user and Read, Write and Execute, Mine had root, instead of my user name.

6. Justin-Cydeher

Justin-Cydeher Kapellmeister

I had this problem with the magicmaster plugin...now it works like a charm thanks to you guys