Unable to install rosetta need help

Discussion in 'Mac / Hackintosh' started by Vincent Price, Mar 1, 2023.

1. Vincent Price

Vincent Price Kapellmeister

Hello

I am having an absolute nightmare with my new Mac M1. When I first got it and tried installing Rosetta, it worked fine...I have just started from scratch, setting up the Mac again from recovery and restarting from a time machine backup...

Now when I go to install Rosetta it says unable to heck for updates, please check your internet connection and try again...my internet connection is fine and I have also tried it tethering to my phone but neither work...has anyone had this issue and if so how did you solve it...I don't want this new Mac to be a total waste of money

thanks

3. DKB

DKB Producer

You don’t need to install Rosetta it’s installed by apple . All you need to do is right click on logic in applications folder get info . A tab opens and it will give you the option to open in Rosetta mode . Job done

4. Vincent Price

There is nothing there to say that

5. Talula

Talula Rock Star

6. DKB

DKB Producer

I stand corrected . When I got my m1 and installed logic it must have done as I didn’t have to install Rosetta or if I did I don’t remember . But have since stoped using it anyway .

7. Vincent Price

Well the stuff I want to use on the Mac there are some expansions from native instruments and when I try and install them on anything more than Mojave it comes up with installation failure...I have just reinstalled Mac Monterey and setup a brand new account without restoring any time machine backups and it is still coming up with Rosetta 2 update not available on terminal, I am now starting to think that this laptop was waste of money

8. Jim Bob

Jim Bob Kapellmeister

You have free tech support from Apple quit complaining and call them.
    I'm sure they can walk you through it.

9. Vincent Price

That is what I am doing, but so far they're as useful as a chocolate tea pot

10. DKB

DKB Producer

What expansions are you tryin to install . I’ve just done komplete update on my m1 Mac mini the only issue I had was with machine expansions the icons not showing up in maschine and komplete kontrol they was all a gear symbol but that was solved by downloading the images from the native instruments forums . Agreed native access is a pain to work with it took me days to install komplete 14 and had constant crashes when trying to be cleaver installing all native access just couldn’t handle it . All the plugins are working natively still a few hiccups especially with reaktor and kontakt 7 lags a lot . I just revert back to using kontakt 6
    I’m running Ventura 13 i did so the new security update the other day but it messed my Mac up all my hardware had a meltdown and kept ejecting itself so I rolled back to an earlier Time Machine back up . Then I had issues with native access having to reinstall all my plugins again . All my libraries and expansions are on a external ssd

11. Talula

Talula Rock Star

it is your first mac?

12. Vincent Price

So what is seems to be according to a person at Apple, is that as I was on Monterey (Rosetta updates with current version of Mac OS) it was looking for the version of rosetta that went with Monterey, but couldn't find it...as soon as I updated to Ventura it worked.