Unable to add library in Kontakt 5.6.6 (Mac)

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by instantkarma, Oct 7, 2017.

1. instantkarma

instantkarma Noisemaker

Hi,

I recently reinstalled Mac OS 10.12.6 clean on my hackintosh. I have installed K5.6.6 with the installer which I backed up long time ago, but libraries aren't being remembered by Kontakt this time - except Loegria from spitfire. If my memory serves me right, on my old 10.12.4 I was running that particular version of K5.6.6 (which is why I backed up the installer), and was able to add all libraries.

I don't remember what I did to get the K5.6.6 running last time. Maybe I should run some commands in the terminal first? Or install other versions of Kontakt first then overwrite this one onto them? The K5.6.6 for mac is no longer listed on the sister site any more (no search result). The only guide I have here is an Instructions.txt file which says I only have to copy and replace those .app, .component and .vst files.

Any hint guys? Have you run into a similar problem before? :mates:

3. instantkarma

instantkarma Noisemaker

Best Answer
    OK, so I'm gonna answer my own question here. Grabbed the K5.4.1 + K5.6.0 Update version, installed K5.4.1 then upgraded using K5.6.0 patch, then installed K5.6.6 over K5.6.0. Now it works. The issue was probably because I batch re-saved most of my libs in K5.6.6 before.